So here in Israel there's a moon eclipse right now and the moon is red
The pic isn't very good because I don't have a tripod and the shot is a 2 secs length one
original:

original after some sharpening in photoshop:

Original size pic:
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Mar 3, 2007,
Very nice urik, you should make a HDR picture to get the details out
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Metal claw
Thanks for the pictures. I didn't feel like moving my curtains and looking outside.

You would have to go outside anyway because it's right above us now. So I saved you even more effort
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

its like that in the UK, not as red though, Might get redder later in the night. Hope so and thanks for the pics!

PSN ID: ArranP
****ing hell, thats sweet.
it was orange here
originally posted by Shoestick
Holy hell, that is the primest example of a rambling idiot trying to sound intelligent Ive ever seen, and I just sat through four years of Bush!
lunar eclipse. i cant see it here up in the great white norht cause of all the snow.

IN ****ING MARCH!! GRRR :angry
The moon didnt show up on my camera when I tried to take pics

And its not that red here either
Quote by apmaman
its like that in the UK, not as red though, Might get redder later in the night. Hope so and thanks for the pics!

Yeah it doesn't look THAT red when you look at it but I believe that because of the lights of the street. I watched it under a light post, and when I move a bit far from it, I saw it more red =\
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Evil_Magician
Dude its exactly the same here.
Why is this happening again ?

i belive the earth blocks out the sun from the moon, somehow turning it red. Not sure if thats the right answer but ive been told its that.

Quote by oZone_TNS
The moon didnt show up on my camera when I tried to take pics

And its not that red here either

Use manual focus, when the focus is at "infinite", and then take a reference point of where it is, (for example in my case it was a bit above my building, between 2 water containers), and then point at that reference point and slowly go up until you see it.
You GOTTA use manual focus, because there's not enough contrast for the camera to auto focus in it.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Mar 3, 2007,
And use long exposure, while working in manual mode

Like I said earlier: Try to make a HDR pic (take several pics of one thing with different exposures ranging from bright to almost dark, then merge them together with photomatix: www.hdrsoft.com )
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The earth blocks out the sunlight and the moon turns red because (i think) the particles in the earth's atmosphere create a sort of red glow and that's what we see.
A lunar eclipse on the same day as the Buddhist holiday of Chotrul Duchen.

TODAY ROCKS!
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
That happened here. I was walking home about 40 mins ago and I seen it. The moon turning red when yout stoned ain;t good stuff.
^^+1

that sounds about right. Im sure we'll hear all about it tomorrow on the news

Quote by Raydey
The earth blocks out the sunlight and the moon turns red because (i think) the particles in the earth's atmosphere create a sort of red glow and that's what we see.

Lol I had enough trouble to take a single good shot without a tripod, no way I'm taking 3 exact shots
But anyway what can improve the HDR here? I mean, It's all black and a moon. Not a lot of ranging contrasts

EDIT: OMG I quoted the wrong person ?
/walks away in shame
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Raydey

yes, that's right
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
We had it here, but it just looked a dull brown. Quite rubbish for us really.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.