I was playing and my sound was cutting in and out until eventually it just stopped. It's not the amp because I've tried two different amps and its not the cable because I've tried numerous cables. I was thinking a wire could've broken but was wondering what everyone else thought. I don't really mind because I was gonna upgrade this guitar very soon anyway but advice appreciated, thanks.
Probably a loose/broken connection on the input jack, so check that first, as long as you have common sense you won't damage your guitar by taking out the input jack.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
what guitar? if it has active pickups you may have to change the battery. Other then that it's probably a loose wire somewhere
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
is it plugged in??
have you turned the volume up?
is the amp on??

im not taking the piss
these are a few of the reasons our lead guitarist thought he'd broke his guitar.
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III

like said, check that both are still connected. especially if uve ever tightened the jack
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i need to pick up a soldering iron kit. follow the directions on the package.

it's about $15 and 3 mins work.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Just curious could someone tell me what the black wire goes to and what the white one goes to?
yeah the black wire goes to the center most lug. that's the ground.

the white (hot) goes to the other lug.

let me find another pic for u.

here's a madpick pic...

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Mar 3, 2007,
no problem. even if u touch those wires to the lugs ull get noise. ill need the solder to hold them there for good tho.

repost if uve got any other questions
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62