Pretty much all the solos i learn are solos that just require fast picking,not much fingerwork (e.g. Dave Mustaine's 2nd solo on Kick the Chair)

What are some good solos to start off with? I play mostly metal
have you tryed eruption, its pretty easy...master of puppets isnt too hard either....try some dragonforce, supprisingly, its not really as hard as it sounds...
I like to play trivium solos because they are easy and sound good, but alot of people would disagree.
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
or just write your own you'll learn more that way and trust me writing your own solos is much more useful than someone elses

Quote by Sonicheros
is eruption the name of a band or song??

And you my fine sure can go kill yourself
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
Eruption is a solo by Van Halen
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Quote by Sonicheros
you did not just ask that question. never pick up a guitar ever again.

and speaking of people who should never pick up a guitar again...oh wait, someone already mentioned Trivium! my bad!
oh ^^;

yeah well i havent really explored out of the genre i play now so i wouldnt know
How can a guitarist seriously not have at least heard OF Eruption? I mean I don't particularly like Van Halen but he pretty much inspired every metal guitarist since him.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
Quote by Jongpil Yun
How can a guitarist seriously not have at least heard OF Eruption? I mean I don't particularly like Van Halen but he pretty much inspired every metal guitarist since him.

and one who plays metal no less. it boggles the ****in mind.
HERE: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ULEBSxP725w

and for good measure, Eruption on violin!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PoD78foaZ4o
Quote by Sonicheros

Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
wow...that solos amazing,it'll take me forever to learn it

Now i feel like a complete dumbass
It was recorded in 1977 too... pretty damn far ahead of it's time.

EDIT: OK guys we're done making fun of him now

Well maybe just a little bit more.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
Hah, I just thought that picture was funny :P Either that or an OMG dog ;p
More posts are about the Eruption solo and theres like 2 posts saying which solos i should learn x_x
if uve only been playing for 7 months u shouldnt even be trying a solo like these
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Quote by Sonicheros
More posts are about the Eruption solo and theres like 2 posts saying which solos i should learn x_x

Here:

Metallica - Fade to Black Intro
Metallica - One Intro
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Guns N' Roses - Knockin' on Heaven's door
Quote by rustic_metal
if uve only been playing for 7 months u shouldnt even be trying a solo like these

People like you make me want the world to end even quicker.

and why the hell shouldnt he be playing these solos? Just because you sucked at 7 months, doesnt mean this kid does. Im not saying hes an amazing guitar god, but how do you expect him to learn to play better, if he doesnt learn better songs/solos? Sorry, i didnt know there was a specified time limit of playing guitar before you were allowed to at least attempt a somewhat challenging solo.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
People like you make me want the world to end even quicker.

and why the hell shouldnt he be playing these solos? Just because you sucked at 7 months, doesnt mean this kid does. Im not saying hes an amazing guitar god, but how do you expect him to learn to play better, if he doesnt learn better songs/solos? Sorry, i didnt know there was a specified time limit of playing guitar before you were allowed to at least attempt a somewhat challenging solo.

It's kind of a waste of time really. And jumping in way over your head is the last thing you want to do. Yes, you want to challenge yourself (ie, always be learning something a little harder than you can really play) but Eruption, is, I'm guessing, out of his league for the time being.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
Quote by Sonicheros

you bastard
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Jongpil Yun
It's kind of a waste of time really. And jumping in way over your head is the last thing you want to do. Yes, you want to challenge yourself (ie, always be learning something a little harder than you can really play) but Eruption, is, I'm guessing, out of his league for the time being.

How would you know hes jumping in way over his head? For all you know that solo could be a piece of cake for him. You cant just judge a persons ability based off of time. Dont put people down, let him at least try it and decide for himself, whether or not its out of his league. Think before you speak.
Quote by mw7
you bastard

..and friggin just leave the kid alone, okay. Its people like you that piss me off, because you flip out when someone hasnt heard the name of a band or song.
Quote by Ekim423
How would you know hes jumping in way over his head? For all you know that solo could be a piece of cake for him. You cant just judge a persons ability based off of time. Dont put people down, let him at least try it and decide for himself, whether or not its out of his league. Think before you speak.

He said for himself, "wow...that solos amazing,it'll take me forever to learn it"
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
Quote by Ekim423
..and friggin just leave the kid alone, okay. Its people like you that piss me off, because you flip out when someone hasnt heard the name of a band or song.

I never even read the whole thread lol.

Seriously how could you not know Van Halen??? Especially when you play guitar?

I can understand some unpopular song, or a song that's not a single.... But this is one of the most famous wankfest solo of all time.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by mw7
I never even read the whole thread lol.

Seriously how could you not know Van Halen??? Especially when you play guitar?

I can understand some unpopular song, or a song that's not a single.... But this is one of the most famous wankfest solo of all time.

Actually, I'd say THE most famous, bar none.

If the OP is a teenager, it's so famous, that, *gasp*, you're parents have heard of it!

Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
some easier solos:

- Master of Puppets - Metallica
- Nothing Else Matters - Metallica (really, you could have a try at any Metallica solo, maybe not the One solo tho :P)
-Fear of the dark - Iron Maiden
-Pretty much anything by AC/DC (i'd at least try one... they are not that hard, first one i learned was back in black...)

I know you mainly play metal, but you might also wanna try some Santana intro solos, like black magic woman...

Not sure how far you will get with those after playing for 7 months... but those are some i would start off with.
Quote by Sonicheros

totally sigged
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
I'm not a big metal fan, so for lead-work practicing I usually play songs from Megaman.

Whee Megaman.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I agree with the "go try this"

dude, how can u learn guitar and not know "eruption"?

sorry, beating a dead horse, but DAMN!!!!

For anyone else reading this, learn some Gilmore too!!! ... I love metal and fast solos, but he hits those notes so perfectly with so much feeling - great to learn how too do ... too many people forget that the guitar is an instrument, and shred off their frets with no feeling (blaze that fretboard, but make me WANT to hear more than just chops)
Quote by Jongpil Yun
He said for himself, "wow...that solos amazing,it'll take me forever to learn it"

yeah i did say that, and to get you guys an IDEA of what i can play, i can play Holy Wars (no solos though)
Ozzy - Mr Crowley both solos
Ozzy - crazy train
Van Halen - Eruption
DIO - rainbow in the dark
Metallica - HIt the lights
Get off his back about the whole ****ing eruption thing. Not everyone has to like Van Halen. Get over it. As for the solos-try Sweet Child O' Mine, as the poast above me said. You'll learn to use lots of techniques AND passion. Your wah pedal too, if you have one.
Quote by SaulHudson
Get off his back about the whole ****ing eruption thing. Not everyone has to like Van Halen. Get over it. As for the solos-try Sweet Child O' Mine, as the poast above me said. You'll learn to use lots of techniques AND passion. Your wah pedal too, if you have one.

+1

How is he supposed to know Eruption? I didn't discover it until someone told me about it either. He can't magicly know eruption just because he plays guitar. So get off his back. I'm sure a lot of you didn't know it either. On top of that I'm sure there's loads of guitarists that don't know any hendrix song and he was an even bigger inspirtation for rock.

Check www.freelicks.net too, there's some solo lessons, just browse through 'em till you find one you think you can nail.
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!