I got the guitar not too long ago and I haven't played many guitars before but the strings on this one seem kinda inflexible and have a dull sound. Should I upgrade to some Ernie Balls or DiAddarios right away or what?
strings are about 90% personal preferance, just try them out and see waht you like
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
strings are about 90% personal preferance, just try them out and see waht you like

true, I'm just wondering if most low end guitars have really crappy strings. The slinky's seem like they woul be nice cause i like alot of flexibility. idk
It's not like it's a big investment at the end of the day to just wack some new strings on.

I use and love D'addario's.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
It's not like it's a big investment at the end of the day to just wack some new strings on.

I use and love D'addario's.

yeah, i know....I'm gonna pick up a few brands to sample...Just wanted to know if there would be a difference so I don't get my hopes up. I just think my strings have a really stiff sound to them
most if not all guitars have sub-par strings from the factory. also include that many people may have hanlded the guitar and no one wiped down the strings.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
RGs = Daddario 9s
Gios - Stock strings
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic