Page 1 of 3
I was driving home from camping today and was thinking about the world. when human was first born or whatever the world would of been relatively new , but now with technology were just making pollution and waste , even in the 1950's and even before humans lived quite easily with out all of the junk we have today , we had fire , clean water , clean air , but ever since we tryed to make it easier for ourselves we've made the earth shit , the river around here is meant to run good in winter and but know coz of dams we've reversed it completely and i figure the earth was made the way it is for a reason and if we had of just left it to its natural coarse we'd still be alive. even with the technology its affecting me right now by typing this , our obesity problem all over the world is out of control coz children dont play outside anymore , we just sit at our desks and eat fatty food , we've made the earth hotter by technology and now by running air conditioners its getting hotter more. so my point about this is do you think we are destroying something we could of probably kept perfectly natural??

(yes i know its a lot to read)

FeLiX.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
probly
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Probably.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
you cant look at it this way, at least i dont. i feel like its just a natural cycle, like we cant just stop doing what we're doing today... someday the world will burn out or whatever and then everything will start over again. kind of like the ice age. i used to think about it the same way as you like "how can we create so much waste? its unbelievable!" but i believe it is just a "natural" cycle.
Well Enough Alone
Yeah we do.. A lot, something should be done now or the world is ****ed.. Well, not us actually, our grandchildren will be going out with an oxygen tank and some sun block. NOT COOL.
Well, only america is left to sign the treaty of Quoto (or whatever it's spelled) in order to make a difference. They'd rather play with gadgets and nuclear waste.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
The earth is constantly changing, going through a cycle. It's sort of like flushing itself out, like the ice age.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Yes, we are killing the world through all kinds of pollution. The obesity problem isn't just because kids don't exercise there are many other factors involved.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Humans are just animals at the top of the food chain. We can screw things up for nature if we like.

I don't think thinking that's right, it's just a viewpoint.

To answer your question, we shouldn't have messed with things, but because we have (not us directly, but humanity) we have to take technology further and try to reduce damage to the environment. Technology such as the hydrogen fuel cell (water-powered cars) are going to help but need more development, so we can't suddenly decide 'no' to all technological advances.
Well, it's not relaly disputable...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Necrolust

Well, only america is left to sign the treaty of Quoto (or whatever it's spelled) in order to make a difference. They'd rather play with gadgets and nuclear waste.

Gadgets and nuclear waste for the win!!
as for that whole global warming thing it happens as part of a natural cycle, it would happen whether or not we were here, we are speeding it up yes but every THOUSANDS of years the world gets hotter then will cool down, it usully takes a long time, as for society wise we will eventually form a kind of cognitive dissonace meaning a horendous unlogical action that is beautiful at the same time, like eventually we will blow each other up, this will destroy all of society (bad) and all of its horrible features (good) and then life will eventualy start all over again

Heart
T.B.L.
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
Look, if the world was made to be a certain way. Then there is a God. If there is a God, then he is probably the Christian, the Jew, or the Muslim one. According to them, the world is evil, so God probably either doesn't care if we mess it up or is glad we are messing it up.

If there isn't a God then the world is just some random thing. We can do whatever the hell we want. Nobody is in charge of us.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Lol, the world is going to be destoyed before people find a way to cure the planet. the planet was healthy, we are it's cancer..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by BodaciousBob
Yes, we are killing the world through all kinds of pollution. The obesity problem isn't just because kids don't exercise there are many other factors involved.

Without TV , computers , Consoles , kids would not be fat i'm telling you now , they would making a treehouse or swimming , cricket in the street , something like that.

I LOVE KENSAI
Last edited by RaNdoM-FeLiX at Mar 3, 2007,
Quote by E Daws
Look, if the world was made to be a certain way. Then there is a God. If there is a God, then he is probably the Christian, the Jew, or the Muslim one. According to them, the world is evil, so God probably either doesn't care if we mess it up or is glad we are messing it up.

If there isn't a God then the world is just some random thing. We can do whatever the hell we want. Nobody is in charge of us.

What about Buddha??
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's
What about Buddha??

He's not a god as such. But you make a fair point, why would a God necessarily be Jewish/Christian/Muslim? Just cos those religions have the most followers doesn't mean that god will be God/Allah.
Quote by mulletman500
He's not a god as such. But you make a fair point, why would a God necessarily be Jewish/Christian/Muslim? Just cos those religions have the most followers doesn't mean that god will be God/Allah.

I'm not saying he is Jewish/Christian/Muslim, I'm saying that he most likely is from one of the religious with the most followers.
Quote by RHCP94
I do hope very much that we are destroying the world.

It's from a lame pessimistic viewpoint of course, but whatever.
Quote by Tsunoyukami
I do hope very much that we are destroying the world.

It's from a lame pessimistic viewpoint of course, but whatever.

Lol why??

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by E Daws

Brilliant rationale! Think just like Bush and his neo-con pseudo-Christian army of assholes want you to! Who gives a ****, we're only here for a few years anyway! Let's rape the planet! Cut down the trees which give us oxygen! Wipe out all those exotic animals, cuz it don't matter, right? Let's replace all this green with slabs of concrete and cold steel... awesome!

Sure this world is just a random thing. Yes, perhaps there is a God and a Heaven and a Hell blah blah. But no one knows that for sure. All we know is that we are on Planet Earth for a limited amount of time, and it is in a bad condition currently. Nobody is in charge of us, yet it is our moral duty to clean up our world before it's too late.

Have you watched Soylent Green? Rent it. If the first few minutes, and the ending don't change your views, then you're lost.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Brilliant rationale! Think just like Bush and his neo-con pseudo-Christian army of assholes want you to! Who gives a ****, we're only here for a few years anyway! Let's rape the planet! Cut down the trees which give us oxygen! Wipe out all those exotic animals, cuz it don't matter, right? Let's replace all this green with slabs of concrete and cold steel... awesome!

Sure this world is just a random thing. Yes, perhaps there is a God and a Heaven and a Hell blah blah. But no one knows that for sure. All we know is that we are on Planet Earth for a limited amount of time, and it is in a bad condition currently. Nobody is in charge of us, yet it is our moral duty to clean up our world before it's too late.

Have you watched Soylent Green? Rent it. If the first few minutes, and the ending don't change your views, then you're lost.

Your such a hip rebel..stick it to the man......the government is a conspiracy.................
What a dick you are
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Your such a hip rebel..stick it to the man......the government is a conspiracy.................
What a dick you are

You know.... some people actually do the things they do BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE IN THEM? Yeah, I know, such a shock right?

I'm not a hip rebel. I'm not against Bush because "Lol Gr33n day r punx nd they say Bush is 3vil" but because I genuinely think this guy is a menace.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead

Who decides what our moral duty is?

As far as watching soylent green? I've seen it. It's a crap movie.
Quote by RHCP94
Quote by raise_the_dead
You know.... some people actually do the things they do BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE IN THEM? Yeah, I know, such a shock right?

I'm not a hip rebel. I'm not against Bush because "Lol Gr33n day r punx nd they say Bush is 3vil" but because I genuinely think this guy is a menace.

Well I respect you for that, and that you actualy have a reason for hating him. Most kids these days hate him because everyone else does. I disagree with you though
then came cancer.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Don't be ridiculous. You're living on this planet. It's livable now. We owe it to future generations to keep it livable.

Besides, I didn't want you to watch Soylent Green for its artistic value, but for, you know, its message?

EDIT: @i(ncubus)play:
Quote by raise_the_dead
Don't be ridiculous. You're living on this planet. It's livable now. We owe it to future generations to keep it livable.

Besides, I didn't want you to watch Soylent Green for its artistic value, but for, you know, its message?

EDIT: @i(ncubus)play:

So you view is... Make as much pollution and waste as you can and someone else in a couple of years will clean up for you???

I'd love to see your house.haha

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
I was driving home from camping today and was thinking about the world. when human was first born or whatever the world would of been relatively new , but now with technology were just making pollution and waste , even in the 1950's and even before humans lived quite easily with out all of the junk we have today , we had fire , clean water , clean air , but ever since we tryed to make it easier for ourselves we've made the earth shit , the river around here is meant to run good in winter and but know coz of dams we've reversed it completely and i figure the earth was made the way it is for a reason and if we had of just left it to its natural coarse we'd still be alive. even with the technology its affecting me right now by typing this , our obesity problem all over the world is out of control coz children dont play outside anymore , we just sit at our desks and eat fatty food , we've made the earth hotter by technology and now by running air conditioners its getting hotter more. so my point about this is do you think we are destroying something we could of probably kept perfectly natural??

(yes i know its a lot to read)

FeLiX.

Point 1:
a) Scientists have said that there is a such thing as global warming.
b) Others have said that the earth runs a natural course.
c) What others have said is that it is a natural course, we just are not helping it along.

I'll leave it open for you to decide.

Point 2:
Obescity is natural to an extent. The school systems that we have (atleast in the US) have Physical Education to help keep kids in shape and teach them about health, and that goes all the way through high school.

Point 3:
Did you research all of these things for yourself? Or are you just speculating? It's a known fact (if you've watched anything on volcanos) that the volcanos on this planet dump as much chlorine and crap into the atmosphere in 5 seconds as we do in a few years, even at the rate that we're going now, when they erupt on the scale of even that of which Mount. St. Helens did.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Last edited by Page&HammettFan at Mar 3, 2007,
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
So you view is... Make as much pollution and waste as you can and someone else in a couple of years will clean up for you???

I'd love to see your house.haha

Wait... what? I never said that.
Keeping it livable isn't what the threadstarter is talking about. Let me remind you he wants
, clean air , but ever since we tryed to make it easier for ourselves we've made the earth shit , the river around here is meant to run good in winter and but know coz of dams we've reversed it completely and i figure the earth was made the way it is for a reason and if we had of just left it to its natural coarse we'd still be alive. even with the technology its affecting me right now by typing this , our obesity problem all over the world is out of control coz children dont play outside anymore , we just sit at our desks and eat fatty food , we've made the earth hotter by technology and now by running air conditioners its getting hotter more. so my point about this is do you think we are destroying something we could of probably kept perfectly natural??

This guy says the world was perfect until we fucked it up. I disagree with that. The world is doesn't have some fixed perfect position that we've strayed it from. I'm all up for keeping the world livable, but even the world in Soylent Green is livable. As far as the message, I got it. But there are a thousand "the world has become a living hell since we didn't stop ____" movies with their own different messages. I have a faith in innovation. If we cut back on all of these things then progress will slow down. If we slow down were not going to come up with solutions to problems that aren't going to go away.
Quote by RHCP94
Quote by Page&HammettFan
Point 1:
a) Scientists have said that there is a such thing as global warming.
b) Others have said that the earth runs a natural course.
c) What others have said is that it is a natural course, we just are not helping it along.

I'll leave it open for you to decide.

Point 2:
Obescity is natural to an extent. The school systems that we have (atleast in the US) have Physical Education to help keep kids in shape and teach them about health, and that goes all the way through high school.

Point 3:
Did you research all of these things for yourself? Or are you just speculating?

1) the earth runs its natural coarse??? the earth does not naturally have factorys and dams not letting water through

2) yeah obesity is natural to an extent but and i quote "By 2008, experts predict that without significant intervention on local levels, the number of overweight adults in the U.S. will reach 78 percent." now that is not a natural coarse!

3) Research?? Never. i'm just saying what i think.

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by E Daws
Keeping it livable isn't what the threadstarter is talking about. Let me remind you he wants

This guy says the world was perfect until we fucked it up. I disagree with that. The world is doesn't have some fixed perfect position that we've strayed it from. I'm all up for keeping the world livable, but even the world in Soylent Green is livable. As far as the message, I got it. But there are a thousand "the world has become a living hell since we didn't stop ____" movies with their own different messages. I have a faith in innovation. If we cut back on all of these things then progress will slow down. If we slow down were not going to come up with solutions to problems that aren't going to go away.

I agree with you , the earth can NEVER be perfect , were always going to make a mark on it , but what i was trying to get at is were making to much of a mark.

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
2) yeah obesity is natural to an extent but and i quote "By 2008, experts predict that without significant intervention on local levels, the number of overweight adults in the U.S. will reach 78 percent." now that is not a natural coarse!

Where on earth did you hear that? If you even think about that, it does not make sense.

I like our mark. I like driving my car. I like riding in luxurious SUV's. I like turning up the heat when I could wear a sweater. I like New York City. I like mass produced items. I like my geneticly enhanced fruit. These are all good things to me.
Quote by RHCP94
Last edited by E Daws at Mar 3, 2007,
Page 1 of 3