I've heard a lot of good thing about schecter guitars, but most of the time people seem to use them for metal. But can they play good cleans or can you get a good blues sound out of them or just general hard rock or classic rock. Or are they strictly a metal guitar.

And can you get them anywhere in Canada?
Well i have a Schecter Gryphon and i play on my friends microcube with the JC Clean channel and it sounds pretty good! But yeah i usually play the heavier stuff haha
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
depends on ur amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I have a C-1 E/A check out the review for that one because that is one of the most versitile guitars you can get out there. all it would need are some new buckers but that thing has all your needs.
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
Schecter Blackjack has Seymour Duncan 59 and JB pickups, which is all about the blues and classic rock. The Schecter Classic is all about cleans with a Jazz pickup in the neck.
Member #3 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.
Depends on what model you are checking out. The ones with the Duncans are pretty versatile, but the EMG equipped ones should pretty much stick to metal. Also, your amp will determine what it can do more than the guitar.
The long & mcquade near me doesn't sell Schecters (In toronto, ontario), but there's a link in the schecter site that will list some dealers in canada.
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-808
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Epiphone Valve Junior Head
Epiphone Valve Junior Cabinet
Quote by Fargalas
Schecter Blackjack has Seymour Duncan 59 and JB pickups, which is all about the blues and classic rock. The Schecter Classic is all about cleans with a Jazz pickup in the neck.

I have an S-1 Blackjack and don't play anything close to metal.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
my schecter c1-classic has an awesome metal tone. Need gain? SH-6 baby, cleans? Sn-2

versatile, you bet.
WTLTL 2011
My Gryphon has a coil tap, which I would think would make it quite versatile. I know that other models have taps too, I just don't recall which ones.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
My Gryphon has a coil tap, which I would think would make it quite versatile. I know that other models have taps too, I just don't recall which ones.

My S-1 Blackjack has coil taps, but unless you get special humbuckers designed to be coil tapped they won't sound *exactly* like real single coils.

More tones to play with is a good thing, however

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Thanks to the coil tap Schecters are some of the most versatile guitars.

Also the duncan setup helps