I have a Marshall 1960a and a jsx. I have the switch on the cab set to mono. i want 8 ohms do I use the left or right plug in?
That cab is only 8 ohms stereo, so you can only use it mono at 4 or 16 ohms. I think at stereo you can plug it in either input for 8 ohms, but make sure your amp is set to match the impedance. And if it's set to stereo, you will only be able to make use of 2 speakers at a time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by TehJermie at Mar 3, 2007,
for a 1960A in mono your only options are 16 ohms and 4 ohms
in the stereo mode both inputs are for 8 ohms so if the speakers can handle the watts, you can use this option (only 2 of the speakers)

Or you can have your amp set at 8 ohms and use the 16 ohm mono input in a jam. It's not the ideal option, but it won't hurt anything
So if i set my amp to 16 ohms and keep the switch on mono, if I plug it into the right(16 ohm) plug in, I'll be using all 4 speakers and all 120 watts?
Quote by metal Lover
So if i set my amp to 16 ohms and keep the switch on mono, if I plug it into the right(16 ohm) plug in, I'll be using all 4 speakers and all 120 watts?

yes (if your amp is 120w, i don't know).....but that's good. 16 ohms into 16 ohms
well, I turn my amp on everything is going good, but then i switch it to the clean channel and get a loud pop sound , then the volume goes way down. I try it again and try and switch it to the ultra channel, but it won't even switch. I go to manually switch it to the ultra channel and it pops again, volume cutting out. I also noticed that when i turn it on, it starts on the ultra channel (the ultra channel light comes on), but it quickly turns it to crunch (where i turned it off at) on it's own.

what is the problem. Did I blow a fuse? Did I put the tubes in right?

Also note that a week ago, when the head was lying on the ground, a drunk stepped on it, causing the bass and the volume knob for the clean channel to fall off.

I'm so pissed and sad.

EDIT: screw it, I'm making a new thread. this has nothing to do with ohms anyways.
Last edited by metal Lover at Mar 3, 2007,