They're a pretty good band. Like their new CD, "Wincing the Night Away". Anyone else here like them?
The.
I absolutely loved 'Oh Inverted World', 'Chutes Too Narrow' was pretty decent and the newest one 'Wincing the Night Away' is alright but really lacks what the other two had in my opinion
Quote by OLP1
I absolutely loved 'Oh Inverted World', 'Chutes Too Narrow' was pretty decent and the newest one 'Wincing the Night Away' is alright but really lacks what the other two had in my opinion

+1

first heard them on the garden state soundtrack and they were pretty good
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The new one, to me, is the best thing they've done to date.
ugh i hate the shines i'm sorry fellas, to me it just seems very generic indie i like the weird and random beauty of indie, maybe that's not a valid reason, but i just don't like em

would have been great if you had posted in one of the three or four shins thread.

also, there's five videos up on my youtube page of them. one is of them doing a modern lovers cover
you wrote out three words there. according to webster, one isn't even a word, and one is incorrect grammar. congratulations.
there best album was with flake music, the new stuff is just not as good.
All I have is Wincing the Night Away, and I like that quite a bit.

However, I have noticed that some of the melodies in the CD have been almost directly ripped from a Johnny Clegg (highly famous South African musician) CD. Coincidence? Possibly. But it really is very very similar.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
I love them. Got Wincicng the night away and oh, inverted world. brilliant albums. I don't think there is a better guitar pop band around, really.
"He who is tall, is not small"
I like them a lot. I have "Chutes Too Narrow" and would like to get "Oh, Inverted World" before the new album. I first found out about them through the movie "Garden State"; "Caring is Creepy" and "New Slang" were on the soundtrack and actually part of the movie (Natalie Portman plays Zach Branff "New Slang"). Good movie, too.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Fun music but nothing really spectacular. I saw them at the first ACL. It was one of the earliest shows in the day so not many people were there. Got a good position right in front of the stage.
new slang is amazing i love that song......then again i love any acoustic alternative music from scrubs and other zach braff related media
Quote by Doolittle
ugh i hate the shines i'm sorry fellas, to me it just seems very generic indie i like the weird and random beauty of indie, maybe that's not a valid reason, but i just don't like em

+1

but i admit sleeping lessons is an ok song.