alrighty, i have an iMac, couple of years old, 80 gig drive
and its going slow as hell, and i only have 4 gigs left
so i know about 50 gigs is music + about 10-15 movies/tv shows

but the other 30??? is there a (free or torrentable) program that can help me get this shit sorted out?
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by spoonylove90

im not left handed i just have a mac btw.

Quote by NaivexLi
Yes...I named my penis Darth Vader.
u want to clean ur computer? put it in the dishwasher, duh.
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
Quote by mister389
u want to clean ur computer? put it in the dishwasher, duh.

███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Well check all your received files and documents and stuff. Delete old pictures, burn the TV shows and music to disc.

I dunno...
I suggest you clear up harddrive space so you have ~15% free space, then defrag it

oh but since you're on an iMAC I suggest fire
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The other 30 gigs? I can assure you at least 5 gigs are taken up by the bloated, piece of shit operating system you have loaded. Having 4 gigs left shouldn't slow down your machine. That's more than enough space to operate unless Mac OSX shits out 4gb of temporary swap space every ms.

Your problem is most likely runaway processes. Check what you've got running and what starts when the operating system does.

EDIT: ^ You can't defrag a mac filesystem. Unlike shit microsoft fs's they don't get fragmented.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
The other 30 gigs? I can assure you at least 5 gigs are taken up by the bloated, piece of shit operating system you have loaded. Having 4 gigs left shouldn't slow down your machine. That's more than enough space to operate unless Mac OSX shits out 4gb of temporary swap space every ms.

Your problem is most likely runaway processes. Check what you've got running and what starts when the operating system does.

EDIT: ^ You can't defrag a mac filesystem. Unlike shit microsoft fs's they don't get fragmented.

well, its not that i want it to go faster so much as i want to have room for more stuff, already burned movies and tv shows to disk, but my problem is that i know i have software and shit i dont use, but want an amazingly efficient way to rid me of that and only that
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by spoonylove90

im not left handed i just have a mac btw.

Quote by NaivexLi
Yes...I named my penis Darth Vader.
Quote by Muphin

yeah I noticed he said iMac right before I posted
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by bobbynogo
well, its not that i want it to go faster so much as i want to have room for more stuff, already burned movies and tv shows to disk, but my problem is that i know i have software and shit i dont use, but want an amazingly efficient way to rid me of that and only that

well uninstall them manually?
Quote by Kensai
I suggest you clear up harddrive space so you have ~15% free space, then defrag it

oh but since you're on an iMAC I suggest fire

Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
yeh, just go and uninstall everything u dont use. especially games, they take up heaps of space
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
Quote by bobbynogo
alrighty, i have an iMac, couple of years old, 80 gig drive
and its going slow as hell, and i only have 4 gigs left
so i know about 50 gigs is music + about 10-15 movies/tv shows

but the other 30??? is there a (free or torrentable) program that can help me get this shit sorted out?

get one of those external USB cable type hard drives.

store huge files like videos on them and most songs that are not used all the time.

after that back everything up and do a reformat to clean it out.
i have next to no knowledge of macs, bu I'll try to help anyways. Just delete old stuff you don't need. And then clean it up with the drive cleaning/checking program (assuming macs have one).
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate