Hey, i bought les paul around a year ago, maybe more, and I am having problems with it. My button keeps coming off. I took it to get it repaired, but it stripped again, and I don't know what to do. I was thinking of glueing it on, what should I do???

thanx
sue the place that supposedly fixed it for you in the first place, try moving it aswell
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
put as many toothpicks into the hole as possible.

add wood glue, let set. afterwards screw the peg screw in thru the toothpicks into the hole.

let it set for a day or so. it should hold for u a long while.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
hey, thanks, do you think gorilla glue would work??

and how long do you think tha I should let the glue set before I screw it in??

thanks again!!!
yeah, just make sure to get toothpicks in there too. i use wood glue, sometimes a glue too much like crazy glue will crack loose it's grip sooner than wood glue would.

umm, u can screw it right in , if u want. it's most important to let it set at least a day after screwing in the peg.
AND if u were ever going to buy strap locks. now is the time to do it. u dont want to pull this screw out again, any time soon to swap out for a new screw.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

^blue tac?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

hey thanks alot, but what's blue tac??

oh and yeah, I had already bought straplocks the first time, but I guess I didn't let the glue settle, maybe that's why they came off. should I buy new ones or would the same ones work?

one last question??? how small should i make the toothpicks, or does that not matter??

thanks
a les paul is pretty expensive you sure you would wanna fix it with toothpicks and glue never heard of that?
Quote by valvetronix
hey thanks alot, but what's blue tac??

blue tac is a gooey gum that u use to hang a poster. not fix a guitar.

oh and yeah, I had already bought straplocks the first time, but I guess I didn't let the glue settle, maybe that's why they came off. should I buy new ones or would the same ones work?

no, straplocks just dont always fit the same as the original screw, so they become loose all the time. use the same ones, but let's fix the hole.

one last question??? how small should i make the toothpicks, or does that not matter??

u dont want the toothpicks sticking out of the hole, but u want as many in there as possible. u need to screw in thru wood if the screw is going to hold. the glue is just extra bonding. the wood is what holds it there.
on fine guitars, luthiers will tap in a wood dowel, and redrill in thru the wood for a brand new hole. this is the same principal, but easier DIY

screw in the screw then let the whole thing set for a day or so. put ur elbow into it.

thanks

you're welcome.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62