I'm pretty cashed up, good job, few expeneses so of course I have been salivating at the thought of blowing thousands of dollars on guitars and gear...

So, I could afford a straight out Les Paul, but I've a little hankering for a les paul junior, to get that balls-out Clash tone.

In conclusion, is that silly, or would I reallybe better off just going for the les paul?
I'm not sure whether you are nutso. But if you have a few grand burning a hole in your pocket, get the guitar you want. I would forget about the Jr and get the LP.
i like the regular LP much better, so much more versatile and over-all better sounding (IMO)

but if your strickly playing pop-punk, or regular punk. Junior wins
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I've had GAS for a long time unfortunately. I also has AAS (amp acq syn).

And I don't play pop/punk. As if Blink 182 is pop! (I'm seriously kidding so hush).

I play lost of stuff. I have my 60th Ann tele for clean stuff and some rock. I was just looking for a balls and all rock guitar.
oh, if you're looking for a really good guitar, and you want to spend a lot, then get an Ibanez JEM... and if you don't like it, you can always give it to me... or just give it to me anyways
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Although I'm not a Les Paul guy I would go for the regular LP.
Chunkier tone, better sustain, better quality, a good "long-term guitar"
As for myself nothing beats a Fender.
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
the regular les pauls are nice but it wouldn't hurt to step into the world of JRs, if you do want to, a great Jr that will last a lifttime is the gibson 57'. Its in the 2500 range tho but its a great guitar, and a remake of a classic,