Hey all. I'm currently looking for a decent 7-string guitar that I can buy on a low budget (preferably $400 - $600). I have my eyes on a Schecter Damien 7, which I've seen used live before by Limp Bizkit. Does anyone know of any other 7 strings for the above price range that would also be worth looking into? Or perhaps you've seen/used this guitar before and can tell me how it is?
Another 100 will get you a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
Ibanez and Schecter both make good 7 strings.
The RG7321 and 1527's are pretty good.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
i thot wes borland used an ibanez 7 string,and his custom 4 string guitar with a bass string,and his prs 7 string and a prs tunned down?,maybe the dude that played after him had one,idk,but some good companies would be Ibanez,Schecter,Washburn,and if you can get one,the old Fender 7 string guitars i hear are nice,and Agile has some on rondomusic.net,they have a string thru version,and a floyd version
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
the only 2 Sevens i know of that dont need any upgrading from block 1 would be the Schecter Black Jack C7 and the Hellraiser C7. the BJ has SD pickups (59/JB) and the HR has dual EMG 707's. also, whats your setup and what are you looking to play with said 7 string?
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by garden of grey
Save $400 more and buy a UV777 if possible. Best seven there is.

Close, but not quite

God just two more months till I get my Vigier Supra 7 String.... AGHGHKEFJ:EL
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
Ibanez makes decent 7 strings with decent pricing.. Well.. depends.. You could get a UV777 if you threw in a little more cash..
^_^
whoops sorry.. I just said exactly what the guy above me said.
^_^
Quote by nephi
whoops sorry.. I just said exactly what the guy above me said.

Edit button -> delete post.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
The 7321 is within that range. It's an awesome guitar, the only thing I'd suggest you do to it is swap the pups later on. The stock pups make the low b sound muddy.
I must admit the 7321 is tempting, I am possibly hoping to get the 2007 model later this year; and imho the stocks from what I have heard sound quite nice.
Quote by garden of grey
Save $400 more and buy a UV777 if possible. Best seven there is.

Maybe a prestige series though

Yep, i say go Universe. But best Seven string out there? Nope.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
Quote by angusyoungwanab
the only 2 Sevens i know of that dont need any upgrading from block 1 would be the Schecter Black Jack C7 and the Hellraiser C7. the BJ has SD pickups (59/JB) and the HR has dual EMG 707's. also, whats your setup and what are you looking to play with said 7 string?

i want to learn some of the old bizkit stuff for sureas well as anything else that uses 7 strings that i can find, but my band and i are looking for a disturbed/godsmack/incubus sounding metal band. a 7 string is just something i havent seen much of.

thanks for the suggestions in general, ill definetely look into them.
Quote by pity tha' foo'
Yep, i say go Universe. But best Seven string out there? Nope.

Opinions?

>.>

But yeah, if you went to a custom shop then of course it wouldn't be the best if that was what you were getting at