im playing guitar less and less. i know everyone tells me to wait forinspiration, but its not coming and basically i dont know where to go.
My Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Les Paul Custom
Martin 000X1 (soon!)
Epi SG Special

My Gear:
Marshall DSL401
Marshall MG250DFX
Boss TU-2
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Digitech Grunge
You certainly have a lot of guitars though.. Well what music do you like? Your music obviously isnt inspiring you enough. Thats the only thing thats gunna do it.
Listen to different types of music, and try playing harder songs. That's what I did when I was in your position.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
i listen to metal and stuff, but theres no way i can play half the stuff i like, ive tried
My Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Les Paul Custom
Martin 000X1 (soon!)
Epi SG Special

My Gear:
Marshall DSL401
Marshall MG250DFX
Boss TU-2
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Digitech Grunge
Expose yourself to more styles of music, including but not limited to jazz, funk, rock, blues, metal (including all of its sub-genres), hip-hop, pop, a capella, opera, classical, prog, ambient, country etc., etc.

Try learning another instrument - you'll learn a lot more about voicing things differently and how to phrase stuff in a different way.

Take singing lessons, read a few books, talk a walk around the neighbourhood each day, exercise, take up drama or visual arts.

There are countless ways to get inspired. Don't wait for inspiration to come to you - go to the inspiration instead.
To get some inspiration, lookit something other than music.

Me watching cars wail and listening to the sound of 500Hp v-10 just shreds my sould and fills me with fire, I dont know why but cars are another passion of mine, so look into something else.
Quote by hippieboy444
go buy 4 random cds that are in the section of music you like. Then you'llbe inspired

That's a good idea.

But I would even say: 'Go buy 4 random cds that are not in the section you like.'
Quote by SOMETHINGSOAD
learn to play the blues, its a fun genre to play

+1
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
and there are some days i dont even feel like playing. and i feel if i dont play like 6 hours a day i dont feel like ill get any better
My Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Les Paul Custom
Martin 000X1 (soon!)
Epi SG Special

My Gear:
Marshall DSL401
Marshall MG250DFX
Boss TU-2
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Digitech Grunge
Quote by SGstriker
+1

ha thats the first time ive been +1

to the thread starter. Get lessons. YOur teacher will teacher you even more things you know and will also help you get better andteach you new things