well, ive realised that my old way of doing a vibrato (with a side to side shaking of the wrist causing the finger to slide within the fret) is not versatile enough for the stuff i'm playing, so i've changed it to the classic rock style. i watched a very helpful video by dolphinstreet. i can get the motion of the wrist right, but when twist my wrist, the string doesn't get pulled down by my finger. if i do it really slow and make my finger really stiff, it works, but that sucks because i wan't to do it at a decent speed. i look completely retarded. however, if i move my wrist in the opposite direction, like what was suggested to do on the high e string to push the string up, i can do it much better, still kind of sucky, but better. any suggestions on how i can to achieve a better vibrato
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
Vibrato with your fingers, not your wrist.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
practice it. its one of those things that takes a lot of time to get to sound good. try different things and figure out how you like to do it.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
i like to do it always pushing up. it kind of sounds cool, but i've got to work on it
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!