ok so yeah. i've decided to get my first electric guitar+amp
i've narrowed down my choices to
fender strat (sss or hss)
epiphone les paul standard
epiphone g-400
amp - vox valvetronix 15W or roland cube 15X
type of music - alt. rock, rock, punk
please give me your suggestions.
All of those are good choices but I personally prefer the Epi les Paul with a roland cube. If you get a higher end Epi ($500ish) and change the pickups they are dang good guitars. Really the stock pups aren't bad, espacially if your just bed room playing.
Get the HSS Strat, its the most versitle out of all of those. Perfect because then you can play whatever style you want until you settle on one.
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
DO NOT GET A ROLAND CUBE 15.
IT SUCKS.

The Roland Cubes are liked because of their decent amp modeling. The Cube 15 shouldn't really be called a "Cube" because it DOESN'T HAVE ANY AMP MODELS.

It should really be called the Vox Blandbox 15.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i was actaully leaning toward either fender hss or epi lp with the vox valvetronix 15W anyone with me? :]
First Guitar, a Strat? Thats alot to be spent on a first guitar.... buy something shit, it will make you a better player.
Quote by Alex88
All of those are good choices but I personally prefer the Epi les Paul with a roland cube. If you get a higher end Epi ($500ish) and change the pickups they are dang good guitars. Really the stock pups aren't bad, espacially if your just bed room playing.

+1
I have reached the point where I am just replacing the stock pickups in my les paul cause I am DEFINATLY holding on to this thing. Don't really have experience with the amps. but have done a little bit of research back when i was getting a first. I would go with the cube.
If you get the cube dont get the 15X. Go for the 20X, it gives you alot more features and its only like 20$ more.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
I'd have to say go with the G-400, I own a G-310. I like the feel of the neck when sliding between chords and notes, plus it has great sound, and if you can get an amp with overdrive it goes great with those guitars.
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
Quote by TheOneManWonder
First Guitar, a Strat? Thats alot to be spent on a first guitar.... buy something shit, it will make you a better player.

MIM not MIA so i don't think it costs that much
i say either g-400 or paul + vox
My Rig...

Guitars:
2003 Ovation Collectors Series
Custom U.S.A. Parts Strat
Gibson SG Faded Special

Amps:
Crate V50 112
Fender Sidekick Reverb 65

Fx:
Boss CH-1