Visited the local store today, they had a nice blue transparent Millenium BXP 5 String bass. Just wondering what you guy's thoughts were on this particualar instrument. I thought it played fine, better than the Washburn bantam I was looking at anyway.
Fender Strat '62 With Clapton signal processor and Fender Lace Sensors
Kustom DFX 100 (2x12)
Fender 150W all tube '64 vintage Amp (2x12)
Influences: Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth

Say to Emo's.
The Peavey Millenium basses are awesome. Cheap, yet better than you expect. I've only played the 4-string, but I was angry that I didn't get that for a first bass.
I play it more than my other basses these days, and I've got a couple of higher end basses at that, it's a great instrument, and I love it to pieces... I regret not having it as my first bass, instead I got a Stagg.... booooooo......... but yeah, the Milennium is a great piece of wood. Is it the active or passive one? The active says *looks* AC on the headstock.
If you like it, go for it. I got a Millenium 4AC BXP last year after playing it along side the Fender P and J. These basses are about as good as it gets in their price range, and compare well even with some pricier stuff.
go for it. its a great bass, i own the 4 string version. unlike the others here, it was my first bass and still my prefered bass (i turned down a warwick corvette and chose to play this bass instead).

to be fair tho, my peavey has been set up to play exactly like i want. medium-light gauges, low action, and an almost straight neck.
Quote by SocKo?
go for it. its a great bass, i own the 4 string version. unlike the others here, it was my first bass and still my prefered bass (i turned down a warwick corvette and chose to play this bass instead).

Please tell me it was due to financial issues or exceedingly small hands that could not come to terms with the thick Warwick neck. Otherwise I may have to imply that you were dropped as a small child. Repeatedly.

The Millenium BXP is a great bass though, definitely go for it.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
I have the 5-string Active (AC) and it plays like a dream. The only thing I'd trade it in for is a Warwick.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Got my new Millenium today. It's good, except some moron put too little tension on the truss rod and the d- and g-strings ar hitting the 3rd fret when I play at the 2nd and 1st frets. I'm gonna have my bro work on it. He's a wizard with any bass or guitar. It be scary.
Fender Strat '62 With Clapton signal processor and Fender Lace Sensors
Kustom DFX 100 (2x12)
Fender 150W all tube '64 vintage Amp (2x12)
Influences: Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth

Say to Emo's.