http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/msg/285298869.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/284272054.html

Im attracted to the Mesa j/ cuz the price but ive never even heard of the "50 Caliber" anyone know if its any good?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Eh, Just get a new amp dude. I dont really see why you would pay that much when you can save a little more and buy a new tube amp.
Quote by georgeazguitar
Eh, Just get a new amp dude. I dont really see why you would pay that much when you can save a little more and buy a new tube amp.

? Eh, both of those are tube amps, pretty decent ones at that.
Quote by El Codyo
? Eh, both of those are tube amps, pretty decent ones at that.

Yes I know, but he can save a little more and buy a new mesa. The 50 cal didn't sound to great for me, but really depends on what your playing.

What kind of tone do you want?
Quote by georgeazguitar
Yes I know, but he can save a little more and buy a new mesa. The 50 cal didn't sound to great for me, but really depends on what your playing.

What kind of tone do you want?

RHCP type cleans, Tremonti type distortion, Led Zeppelin cleans and distortion, throw some blues in there as well.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
You may want to check out some Marshall JCMs or the DSL/TSLs for the majority of that stuff. Mich less expensive too...
Quote by kurdtkobaign
You may want to check out some Marshall JCMs or the DSL/TSLs for the majority of that stuff. Mich less expensive too...

Ive played the JCM 600 combo, the 800, 900 and 2000 heads and i didnt really like any of them. Never tried the other series you mentioned. Some of the amps ive tried recently that i did like were the Carvin X100B, Carvin MTS, B-52 stealth searies and the B-52 AT-100, Mesa Dual and Triple Rectos, and the Mesa Mrk IV. The Carvins are the most affordable but i cant find a retailer for em online and i KNOW that Mesa doesnt sell online.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm