Sup,

I've been looking to upgrade my amp. Right now I have a Kustom 100w stack. I'm going to be playing live soon, and want a little more punch and tonality. Many of my favorite artists play mesa boogie, and many people seem to swear by them. Have they just become "name brand" now, or are they truly quality amps? Right now I play a PRS custom 24, 20th anniversary artist - will this amp help me get the best tone from my axe? Any other alternative suggestions?

Thx
nah, mesa didnt let the popularity get to their head... their customer service and quality control are still top notch. also, they dont endorse anyone or advertise their products. thats why its hard to find prices for mesas on the internet.
I'd reccomend a Mark IV or possibly a Mark III or IIC+ (Search Ebay) over a Rectifier anyday..

I find the Mark series is more versatile, and has tighter, more focused gain on the whole...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Striketalonx
I'd reccomend a Mark IV or possibly a Mark III or IIC+ (Search Ebay) over a Rectifier anyday..

I find the Mark series is more versatile, and has tighter, more focused gain on the whole...

ive heard that u have to have ALOT of patience with mark IV's... there are more knobs on it then u can shake a stick at. mesa's are VERY sensitive when u adjust the knobs... if u slightly move one of them, u get a different tone. i think rectifiers would be better since they have fewer knobs and are just as good.