I have the Fender Princeton Chorus (1996-97). 2 10's... Everytime i turn it past 3 or 4, it sounds like shit...crackly and such... Any advice, experience? Also, the effects in and out...should I run my effects through there? if so how...or should I run it through the input?

Thanks!!
well, fender amps sucks (only one i like of those i played is my 15W:P), so thats the problem i think
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Ferrarone
well, fender amps sucks (only one i like of those i played is my 15W:P), so thats the problem i think

HOW DARE YOU! i used to like you, because of your strat, but now i have no respect for you! thats saying 15w frontman > BJ, Princeton, Vibrotone, Bassman, and more.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Ferrarone

Yes, your 15w solid state is better than a twin. Of course. How stupid of me to think any different. Think I'll change my dream amp to a frontman now you said that.
Quote by Ferrarone

Idiot.
no, i´m not saying the 15 w is better, it´s just the only fender amp i tested which can live up to it´s brand name.

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
princeton's are all tube amps, so a few tubes may need replacing. As for the effects loop, try running different effects in different places and see what sounds best. Most people prefer to run effects like delay, phase and so on in the effects loop, but leave the overdrive and the wah at the input.
Last edited by Jimmy94 at Mar 4, 2007,
i just don´t like them, fender makes the best guitars but not amps(the sound is too trebly), marshall is the real deal (hope i´ll get one someday)

Quote by Ferrarone
i just don´t like them, fender makes the best guitars but not amps(the sound is too trebly), marshall is the real deal (hope i´ll get one someday)

you don't even know what you're talking about. You might as well quit right now before you say anything else stupid.
Quote by Jimmy94
you don't even know what you're talking about. You might as well quit right now before you say anything else stupid.

I'm agree
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Jimmy94

i know what i´m talking about, and can´t i have my opinion?

Quote by Ferrarone

Saying "Fender amps suck" isn't an opinion. It's blasphomey.
Anyways, sounds like you need to change the tubes. It's not particularly expensive, but get a technician to do it for you because it needs to be biased.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Ferrarone

saying that a fender front man is the only amp to live up to the fender name = you don't know what you're talking about.
Quote by Kurapica
Anyways, sounds like you need to change the tubes. It's not particularly expensive, but get a technician to do it for you because it needs to be biased.

Princeton Chorus amps are solid state, FYI. Great sounding solid state amps...I had one, but take it to a tech.
Dont know what else to tell you.
I know the Fender Princeton is a tube amp... is there a difference with the Princeton Chorus? I just assumed it would be tube also.

If it's a solid state amp, the problem is obviously not the tubes. Have you tried using different cables? Your cable may be shorting out on you. Other than that, it's really hard to say what could be wrong. Taking it to a tech would be best.