Quote by TheRolingStoner
haha are you kidding me no way

Actually, I believe there was an Australian band called Velvet Underground as well, but it's definitely not the same band that Lou Reed was in, nor am I sure that Malcom Young founded it.

Anyways, Velvet Underground are great. Not my favorite band, but good, and definitely different from a lot of other music I listen to.
I enjoy them, especially Loaded, which I feel is their best record even though many fans and Lou Reed feel it is their worst.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
i love the intresting juxtapositions they use! Like 'sister Ray', the entire song is about sperm and heroin!
Tommorow never knows

Member of the "I Can't (and Refuse To) Shred" Club. PM joshsirjoshules to join.

Member of the Grateful DeadFan Club. PM deadhead313 to join

Put and end to Racism!
Velvet Underground were one kisck ass band, but they made some ****ed up music. the entire White Light/White Heat, with the exception of the title track is terrible. Velvet Underground and Nico had the same problem, but was still a much better album. After John Cale left they had a much better sound.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
I don't like to say I have a favorite band, but the Velvets are in the uppermost tier as far as my musical opinions go. Lou Reed is pretty much God. Sweet Jane might be the best song ever written, and What Goes On is the ultimate expression of rock and roll. Whenever I need release, I throw on White Light/White Heat and blast Sister Ray as loud as I can. By the way, it's about an orgy/drug party with cross-dressers and all those common Lou Reed type characters, and then a sailor shoots a guy, but nobody cares and the party carries on (well, they're a little angry cause he stained the carpet with his ). The police come and pick them all up, and if my understanding is correct they just continue the party in jail.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
The Velvet Underground is among my favorite bands of all time. Lou Reed has such a mindblowing voice and his mind put out some of the most incredible lyrics ever.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
sweet jane is my favorite song by them. i haven't listened to alot of their stuff
Last edited by jim morrison714 at Mar 4, 2007,
thought i'd list all of them

The Velvet Underground and Nico (1967)

White Light/White Heat (1968)

The Velvet Underground (1969)

Loaded (1970)

i think thats it hope i didnt miss any
When Grunge Come's Back Ii'll Be Ready.
I like tha fact they have a female on percusion
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Quote by TheRolingStoner
thought i'd list all of them

The Velvet Underground and Nico (1967)

White Light/White Heat (1968)

The Velvet Underground (1969)

Loaded (1970)

i think thats it hope i didnt miss any

You missed V.U., Another View and all the live albums.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by ufossuck
You missed V.U., Another View and all the live albums.

And Squeeze, If you wanna go there...

Anyway my fav album is WL/WH.

My favorite release would have to be the Quine Tapes though. Some of the best guitar ever is played on those discs.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
They're my favorite band.

Sterling and Lou are really under rated in the guitar world.

you know i think the same, my favorite is White Light/White Heat, thjat album's probably the reason that alt./indie formed

Quote by Iluvpowerchords
And Squeeze, If you wanna go there...

Anyway my fav album is WL/WH.

My favorite release would have to be the Quine Tapes though. Some of the best guitar ever is played on those discs.

Squeeze was so terrible

I don't know why that guy kept the name as the Velvet Underground, no one else were in the band besides him.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
Squeeze was so terrible

I don't know why that guy kept the name as the Velvet Underground, no one else were in the band besides him.

"That guy" was Doug Yule who is an incredibly talented musician. And he did not want to use the name, but he was forced to release Squeeze and continue touring with his band as The Velvet Underground. I don't know if he even performed any of Lou's songs or any actual Velvet Underground songs at all.
Quote by TheRolingStoner
did doug yule go solo?

After Lou left, he was replaced and the band went on fronted by Doug. Sterling and Moe quit or were fired before Squeeze was recorded, so the only member of The Velvet Underground to play on it was Doug. After that a new band was hired to back Doug and he was forced to tour with them as The Velvet Underground. In 1973 they dibanded and Doug went on to record Sally Can't Dance with Lou. He later joined a band called American Flyer. By himself he's only released one live album in 2002.