I have just bought an ibanez 81 artist and was shocked to find these holes in it

What could be the reason for those holes
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
its a used guitar that used to have a pick guard. the previous owner took it off. i have an LP and i took my pickguard off and i have holes in it at the exact same spots.
Yeah, thats where the pickguard was screwed into the body.
DRM, it's killing music.
because somebody removed the pick-gaurd.. my guitar teachers guitar has those holes.
Yeah i figured that for the one on the side but what about the one on the sides of the neck?
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Not sure about the one on the left of the neck, that might just be a finish defect. But the one on the right is definate'y from a pickguard.
You can see where the pg screws in in this pic:
http://www.gruhn.com/features/59LPburst/EB5442pg.jpg
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Nah i think the one on the left has been tried to be fixed up but wasn't done very well.
Quote by marsvoltaguy