okay, here's what I DO know; it's a harmony brand guitar, double cut, two single coil pickups. There's a sort of cover where the strings go into the bridge and there's two pots, one volume and one tone. But I have no idea on the age or model name.

in fact, this is exactly what I found but without a neck;
http://cgi.ebay.com/Harmony-guitar-body_W0QQitemZ120092492059QQihZ002QQcategoryZ41406QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

MY question; I found this in a pawn shop for 50 bucks at near unplayable condition (5 strings, not in any sort of tune action way out of whack) would it be worth it to take it home, clean and fix it up and use it, or is it a junker, through and through, regardless of vintage quality.
Well, #1. Harmony's have no vintage quality. I had one for a while that looked a lot like that, but it just had two p-90s. And two very old school toggle switches for the p/us. $50 is about $40 more than you should be paying. It could be slightly good if you really wanted to put new pickups in, but they're made of plywood. Just a heads up.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

guess what i would do to you with 2 twizzlers, a lemon, and a pack of hershey kisses.

It wouldnt be pretty
Yeah, I was just making sure before I laid down the money for it. It was straddling the line between nice find at a pawn shop that doesn't know something or genuine junk and I didn't want to miss out if it was indeed a nice find.
Well, just remember. There's a reason that some vintage guitars a highly sought after. And Harmony is not one of them. Basically if you want the history, Harmony was a good company that made a lot of good guitars in the USA in the 50's, 60's and early 70's. Then they were bought out by some company that started turning out japanese crap under the Harmony name. As far as I know, the only way to tell the difference is the logo on the headstock. The good ones just said "Harmony" the crappy ones say "Harmony -established in 1895-" So, if you can find a good one, then go for it, but that one isn't.
This concludes the lesson. Class dismissed
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

guess what i would do to you with 2 twizzlers, a lemon, and a pack of hershey kisses.

It wouldnt be pretty
That's the same model as my first guitar and I wouldn't recommend it. I got mine for >$15 and while it helped spark my interest it really wasn't a good guitar. Okay blues tone I suppose...
£5 for a guitar body with electronics....shame they don't ship to UK.....i could make profit on that.