What is the better guitar amp out of these 2 amps for a old school death metal and thrash sound?

I have done a bit of research and found out the following:

JSX 212 Combo
Pros – More versatile then 6505, has better cleans
Cons – Less gain then 6150, more expensive

6505 212 Combo
Pros – More gain then JSX 212, Cheaper then JSX 212
Cons – Bad clean sound, sounds to “modern” ie similar sound to Trivium.

What is the better choice for what I am looking for? Also, what other combo amps would you suggest that might be better for me then these 2?

Cheers
6505 for DM and thrash, definitely. The JSX is better all-around, but if you're just looking for tone and gain—but not clean tones—then you'll want the 6505. Play them both extensively before making a decision.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Is the clean tone for the 6506 that bad as most people make it out to be?
it's has bad cleans because it's meant to be a low gain channel not a clean channel, supposedly the cleans are much better on the combo because the the bias is fixed warmer.
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie mark III simul head (purple stripe)
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
all tube peavey bravo 112
Would you not cinsider a Jcm800? Basically the king of thrash amps?
And then for death metal stick a Od to tighten up your sound?
6505 is a dark amp, whereas the JSX is a brighter amp. Both can do great distortion sounds but the 6505 does not have great cleans. In order to get a decent clean you would probably need to use a chorus pedal. JSX from what i have heard has great cleans and great lead tones. 6505 is really good for brutal heavy sounds.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
I'm going for the JCM800 on this one

if the TS is talking about 80's Thrash and Death Metal
tone's...
If you bias the 6505 warmer and use some effects like chorus and/or reverb, the cleans should be pretty livable. They won't be great, but it should be fine, especially if you don't use them much.
you can get a "thrash" sound out of any amp, you just have to be Mexican and wear hightops. In all seriousness though, i was very fond of the JSX head when i played it, very versatile. The 6505 has alot grittier gain though id suggest the 6505+ over the jsx. But if you are dead set on 6505 or jsx id say JSX.