Hey, my band is in need of a bass amp $400 USD or under. It will be used for playing metal. If you can, try to make it suitable for gigging, too.
Last edited by ih8u2 at Mar 4, 2007,
Jazz bass has good tone, ESP F-104, JUST GO AND TRY SOME.
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
amp or amp and bass?

i'd go look it up if i had time, but an ashdown electric blue might be the go
Member of the Morley PWB Owners Club. PM mountaindew88 to join.
For under $400, I'd look at some Ibanez and ESP basses. They're both great.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
The threadstarter is asking for a bass AMP as indicated by their post.

Typically I see metal bands with different amps but ampeg (of course) comes up but their low end stuff is ok at best. I'm gonna just throw gallien krueger out there.
Quote by musiclover2399
Well like I said I'd stray away from ampeg's lower end stuff, it's not so great compared to their stacks and such.

Alright, what about Kustom?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_kustom_groove_210c_bass_combo_amp?full_sku=480764

Have you had experience with this one?
Should have a look into Hartke stacks/combos. Although I'm guessing $400 isnt going to get you a stack, but their combos are still pretty damn good, and not overpriced.
Quote by ih8u2
Alright, what about Kustom?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_kustom_groove_210c_bass_combo_amp?full_sku=480764

Have you had experience with this one?

I use a kustom bass amp in school.
Its absolutly totalled!
But before all this little emo bands started popping up in my school it was a good amp. Sounded nice etc etc.
Just take care of it
Kustom bass amps get pretty good reviews, the bassist from trivium uses them i think. I recommend ashdown amps, even the electric blue budget amps are good (i use one for gigging) just dont buy behringer
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I suggest a Gallien Krueger.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I say peavey if you can find something loud enough :P

I have a peavey tnt 115 and use it for metal....and it is plenty loud enough.

I play with it over a marshall half stack, fender frontman 115, and drums and can be heard very very clearly.