in light of a recent video is saw. I have decided to make a guitar similar to matt bellamy from muse. And i know he uses a Fuzzfactory. And a sustainer switch/killswitch. and he also uses something called an 'x&y' pad. Where can i get these things, and what does it do?

thanks in advance
It's probably referring to the Korg Kaoss pad he has built in, it is intended for dj's and such but he has one built into one of his guitars, Jonny Greenwood also occasionally uses one but as a floor based effect rather than having it built in. It'll cost you quite a lot.
i am currently building one myself honestly man i think its going to be a waste of money, to do what he did you are going to risk spending alot of money on a kaoss pad and probably break it, it is very difficult to mod it into the guitar unless you REALLY know what you are doing, im trying to pick up 2 second hand pads in case i break one which i probably will,
Quote by thatguy147
i am currently building one myself honestly man i think its going to be a waste of money, to do what he did you are going to risk spending alot of money on a kaoss pad and probably break it, it is very difficult to mod it into the guitar unless you REALLY know what you are doing, im trying to pick up 2 second hand pads in case i break one which i probably will,

i the only experience i have with the insides of guitar, was wiring my new pickup in, if its something similar, i can do it with ease
lmfao its not at all, the kaoss pad (modding it into the guitar of course) is a whole different field but if you do intend on doing it, look for the kp2 as there are diagrams available on the net for modding it into a guitar but again you wouldnt want to be buying a new one try get a 2nd hand one in case you break it,