View poll results: Who's in the wrong?
Sky
18 35%
Virgin Media
9 17%
Both are acting like children.
25 48%
Voters: 52.
I'm a bit late with this but is there anyone else on cable that has been affected by this....?

Just to sum it up, Sky has stopped Sky one and a few other channels being played on cable.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6405549.stm
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
That's not it at all, Richard Branson is a douche, Sky put up their price so that virgin customers would have to pay an extra 1 or 2p a month, Branson didn't like this and dropped the channels, so I'm told, anyway.

I'm moving to sky soon anyway.

SKY>Virgin

It all went down the shitter when Branson bought Ntl.
We foresaw this incident seven years ago, and so opted for Sky.

Ah, 'sgood to be in a family of fortune tellers.
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
Quote by SG thrasher
That's not it at all, Richard Branson is a douche, Sky put up their price so that virgin customers would have to pay an extra 1 or 2p a month, Branson didn't like this and dropped the channels, so I'm told, anyway.

I'm moving to sky soon anyway.

SKY>Virgin

It all went down the shitter when Branson bought Ntl.

"Fees nearly doubled or an offer of 3p a day" That is a huge price increase IMO.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6407249.stm
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
It's murdoch that's the bastard here. When there were a few companies interested in buying ntl, sky bought a 20% share of ntl (almost controlling) and then sold it, as a warning to anyone who would try to buy ntl, because rupert murdoch doesn't like fair competition. Virgin then bought ntl, being the all-in-one corporation they are (not too different from sky) and so murdoch then increased prices by a ridiculous amount and added various surcharges that would make it economically unviable for virgin to keep the sky channels. I had ntl and am now pretty pissed off that I don't have sky one, though I mainly just watched stuff on alluc.org anyway
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Quote by Nightmare_xxx
I had ntl and am now pretty pissed off that I don't have sky one, though I mainly just watched stuff on alluc.org anyway

But alluc.org doesn't have Rescue Me...

Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Quote by Nightmare_xxx
but rescue me doesnt have a plot

Well i love it and that's what matters.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Virgins are cool, the skys just boring...
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
Quote by Jakeylee111
But alluc.org doesn't have Rescue Me...

Or Dream Team
-

Apparently Ive read sky stand to lose the mose money as theyve lost an awful lot of advertising revenue. So I'm betting Murdock will fold first. Also Virgin will almost def try to sue, they have a history of it. Also I wonder if theyre going to change the rates on their channels in retaliation. Oh, but virgin is now getting HBO FTW!!!
Apparently Sky doubled the cost of broadcasting them channels.

I think Virgin should just take it like men and pay the cost, otherwise it's nothing without Sky One.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i was on telewest and slightly peeved that I can't get simpsons and futurama but I dont care because E4 gives me friends and scrubs 24/7 which is all i need
I hate Virgin regardless. I'm ****ing pissed that I'm now on Virgin. Bastards.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Sky have also pulled their channels off Freeview as well. When they bought the rights to Lost series 3 and 4, the plan was to up their viewing audience because by that point everybody would be already hooked. The same goes for things like the Simpsons.

Murdoch is aiming to take over the entire media network and he's annoyed because Virgin were trying to fight back. So by pulling their channels off NTL and Freeview he's trying to force the customers to switch to Sky, thus putting the other cable networks into a situation where he can buy them himself and take over.

EDIT: Remember to spellcheck your rant before you post it
I have Sky. However, I think its a complete ripoff. As Hollywoodfallen so aptly put it, Murdoch is trying to create a monopoly. That would not be good at all. You could expect to see prices rocket.