At the moment my guitar is an Ibanez RG170DX. I want a new one and not sure what to get. My price limit is $700 AUS (about $550 American i think) and I've been thinking about these:

https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=view&id=192

https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=view&id=176

https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=view&id=167

What are your opinions? If you can think of a better guitar to get under $700 tell me. I play mostly rock and metal like Metallica, if that helps.
Last edited by Black_Soad at Mar 4, 2007,
Neither of those are anything special. What kind of amp do you have?

You should look into the Ibanez RG321, probably the best guitar in it's price range and it's real cheap.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
I have a Roland Cube 60

Why is the RG321 better? Can you give me some positives and negatives for each guitar?
Jackson DKMG im getting that but not from billy hyde they are heaps expensive
U Guys got to get an Ibanez IC400 or IC200 (maybe IC300) if there still continued they give a bassy sound (more on IC200) and the really work well, if not i got to suggest a gibson SG (Classic man) which gives a very attacky sound. And if you like wacky shapes , Jackson randy rhodes V guitar
The guitars you are looking at are extremely low end LTD's, and ESP guitars are good, but their low end is just extremely low grade. For example, the LTD guitars on those pages are made of Agathis. Very poor wood quality, the only thing worse is plywood. Stay away from these two types of woods. The FR on these guitars are Licensed, and the LTD Licensed FR's aren't much to brag about. The Epiphone LP Studio, I can tell you right now you will not be satisfied with. The finish looks very fake. You will hate it. The stock pickups are very bad on low end Epiphone's, I know because I own a Standard and even those pickups are garbage. Most LP's have a trapezoid or block inlay, this guitar has dots to lower costs, not a big deal but it makes the guitar look cheap since LP's and trapezoids nearly come hand in hand.

A pickup swap with the RG321MH and you've got yourself a gig worth guitar, none of the 3 you were looking at are capable of this with so little adjustments.

Hope this helps

The RG321 is made of mahogany, an excellent wood.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Quote by Glassprison_31
U Guys got to get an Ibanez IC400 or IC200 (maybe IC300) if there still continued they give a bassy sound (more on IC200) and the really work well, if not i got to suggest a gibson SG (Classic man) which gives a very attacky sound. And if you like wacky shapes , Jackson randy rhodes V guitar

the gibson sg is more than double his price limit lol.
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
dont get the LP studio. i own one and it sucks major ass. the neck is alright at the top but as you get to the higher frets it sucks major ass. neck pickups is an absolute piece of crap. bridge pickup does the job. i guess of you try a good one in the stor you can upgrade the bridge pickup sice you wont be needing the neck pickup playing metal.
Ok, thanks for all the info but can someone tell me the differences between the Iceman IC200 and the IC400