Im guessing most people know that the Ibanez Jem 20th Anniversary is out.
There is only 500 in the world, 200 are International.

What I want to know is, What do you think of it. I personally think its pretty sweet, Im quite a big fan of Ibanez Jems, and the design blows me away.

They are priced at around $6000

Thats precisely £3,083.88

All opinions are welcome here.

Joe

P.S. If you have not seen it, click the link below
Ibanez Jem 20th Anniversary
holly shit that my dream guitar. it just looks awsome , and the fact that they sound so good! + vai plays 'em.......cant wait! oh.....just a secod......I DONT HAVE 6000$!
anyway if i can even see one that great.
ps-were both named joe!
It looks lovely, shame about the limited numbers.

I don't know if I had that cash I would get one anyway, probably one of the regular white and gold JEMS.
there was one on www.gak.co.uk for £3999. I kept an eye on it to see if anyone would fork out that money and they did. Someone bought it as its been removed from there website now. Lucky git whoever they were

PSN ID: ArranP
I played a Jem on my work experience.....Great guitar with really good feel....of course the normal Jems don't have that design...

The only thing i don't like about that guitar (20th an. version) is the control knobs.....they look cheap
If i had the money i would buy the JEM 20th, but purely as a collectible/investment for the future. I like it, but think the price is too steep although i'm sure it's a good guitar, albeit not a players guitar, more a 'put in a climate controlled, oxygen free safe in a bullet proof glass case' guitar.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
Its a nice guitar, but if i was gonna get a signature model, it would be a dean razorback or an ibanez js.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Damn ugly!
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Its cool, but Im not to thrilled of the idea of forking over 6 grand for a guitar thats made out of acrylic, but I dont know. If I ever get to play one, and I like it, maybe Ill get a loan or something...
POS, i'd get the 77VBK/PGM301/MBM1 instead.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I think it looks awesome when the lights/LEDs are turned on, but I think it looks, pretty much, like crap when the lights are turned off. I can't wait untill people start getting them. It'll be cool to see other pictures and sound clips. Chances are it will sound like crap though.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
I've heard transparent rubber doesn't make the best tonewood around, so I doubt they'll ever make the same collectible status as JEM10th and chromeboys - it just doesn't look so great hanging off a wall, neither will it sound particularly great. Plus, the leds have an hour of life before the battery goes into the recycle bin...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Well, I already got in my order for my RG550 Reissue (Desert Yellow, putting in pink and green DiMarzios and green knobs ), so I'll pass on the Jem20th haha!
It's a cool looking finish, but I'm not a fan of the JEM models in general.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by KissingShadows
Well, I already got in my order for my RG550 Reissue (Desert Yellow, putting in pink and green DiMarzios and green knobs ), so I'll pass on the Jem20th haha!

Thats ****ing 80's man.
I'm back, you douchebags.
that thing looks pretty cool. you would think it would lose tone due to the material it is made with..... it would be fun to play in the dark or under a black light though.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
think its nice,i like acrylic guitar,but im sure that guitar didnt cost that much to make,its a bit to steep,even though its limited and what not,i dont think it should cost that much,i could see maybe 3000 or 4000 but 6000 bux,thats a bit to high...but if i had 6000 $,id buy it
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Seen it before, and it's horrible. I hate the thing.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
i wonder how it sounds...and plays

Private in the 7>6

Quote by punkMETALskater
i wonder how it sounds...and plays

I cant imagine that it would sound that great. But then again, whoever has 6 grand to spend on a guitar is usually a collector, so they dont play it anyways.

But Ive never been big on the JEMs, nice guitars, I would never buy one though. And it just seems cheap looking to me.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
It looks cool.

But, I would much rather have a JEM7VH that didn't appear to be smothered in Christmas lights. I also question the sustain on that thing.
im sorry but that looks hideous. it could play perfectly for all i know, but i damn sure wouldnt pay $6000 for that. ever.

/bash
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I very much doubt Vai has designed a guitar that sounds awful. The pickups were even made specifically for the acrylic as far as i'm aware.

Probably won't sound 6k good, but will not sound bad IMO.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
Pics?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Looks like somebody smacked the once beautiful JEM with the ugly stick.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
haha^

Private in the 7>6

I wuld rather get one of the RGXX myself. I love a jem and already have one. I like the lighting effect, But a list price of 6,666 USD is a little out there, Plus I am weary of a Acrylic guitar I dont forsee the tone being that great. I am curious about the Pickups The new Trans? Anyone know anything about these?
Anyway it is a beautiful guitar
To all naysayers accrylic guitars have quite good tone

They are heavy and dense, sustain for ages and have very punchy response.

Even Satriani has been known to record with an acrylic guitar or 2. I realize lately his tone has been a little like the teacher from Charlie Brown on speed, but remember Surfing with the Alien.... ah those were the days.
I'm willing to guess I'm the only person here who's seen one in real life...

It's really not that impressive looking. Sure, it looks cool and a nice gimmick, but it's not even that AWESOME in real life.
haha
nice axe kepp it in good condition and it will be worth quite a bit one day

i got an annaversary ibaez second one made out of 25 in da world its kinda like a les paul but its got two cut aways and is a marvelous pearl white paintjop all ova(exept the fretboard) with metal flakes
HOLY **** THATS IN MY LOCAL GUITAR STORE
I IGNORED IT CAUSE IT WAS QUITE HIGH UP AND DID NOT SEEM GOOD FROM WHERE I WAS STANDING

if anyone wants to know where the guitar store is, message me