okay heres the deal.
i got a no name guitar for xmas of my parents an i have been playin it since then and everything has been ok (the strings are about 6mm of the neck but you just live with it)

To be honest it dont sound too bad when its clean, but i plugged it in to my mates ds1 (im gettin 1 for my bday in two weeks time off my brother) and the feedback is terrible you can hardly here the guitar at all but my mate plugs his pacifica into the same ds1 and same amp and it is fine!

I would save and buy a better guitar but my mum an dad are not that well off and gettin a new guitar after 2 months would hurt there feelings...

would the problem stop if i changed the pickups or is there something wrong with the electrics?

Any help would be appreciated!
i have a new username
Quote by gv is 4 fun
okay heres the deal.
i got a no name guitar for xmas of my parents an i have been playin it since then and everything has been ok (the strings are about 6mm of the neck but you just live with it)

6 fucking millimeters? Good god. The standard for Jacksons is 1 and a half...
<Han> I love Hitler
yeah i measured it an its 2.5 mm but i cant measure in my head for shit
i have a new username
you do know that you can adjust the height of the strings with an alan key but anyway. i am kind of in the same boat as you i have a terrible guitar although im doing my leaving cert so i cant get a job and save.my advice would be just put up with the guitar also does your amp not have built in distortion that would sound better than the ds 1 as far as feedback etc getting a new guitar a few months after getting one is to soon especially if like you said your parents are not exactly well off
Yeah well the strings are as low as they go so to fix it i would have to raise the neck with a slither of balsa wood but then id have to adjust everything and that would be impossible for me!

Its annoying cos i got a job so probably could buy a nicer guitar after a few months saving but i dont reckon my parents would like it!

My amps(marshal mg15sdr) has overdrive but it really sucks!
so i need a solution until i finish my gcse's and prehaps disguise a new guitar as a treat for me!
i have a new username
Wax potting the pickups, and sheild the inside properly will help alot. As would turning the drive on the Boss down.
Quote by beckyjc
Wax potting the pickups, and sheild the inside properly will help alot.

eh?

well
Quote by gallagher2006
Just turn the tone tone a little bit and the gain down a little bit. Should work wonders.

that helped on my amps overdrive but it did not do much on the ds1 (i think its because my amps overdrive is rubbish and the quieter it is the better it sounds
i have a new username
Well the wax potting shouldnt be necissary, but it could be a result of crappy electronics. So sheilding and rewiring may help.