anyone know how it plays??? apparently designed for him with damage plan. would it suit a fuky metal sound?
It sounds like crap.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
it sounds like crap if you play like crap.

its real punchy, and kind of high on the treble end but all in all its a good pickup, its horrible clean, but its not supposed to be good clean. it will fit a metal sound just fine
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
nice, so stay away ffrom duncs then? from each of the major pickup manufacturers, what would be the best bridge pickup for funk metal, nice low end with plenty of gain...I run through a randall 1/2 stack too.
eh not from duncans just from the dimebucker, im thinkin a gibson pickup might do you well, lots of body tons of low end, i think a dirty finger bridge pickup might work, or the 490t or 500, go check out their pickups at their website, they have a whole section for pickups, their outputs and what theyre good for

im having a hard time putting together *funk metal* in my head, is that like, 311?
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
Hm... I think the SLSD-1 George Lynch Li’l Screamin’ Demon would fit your description.
Tiger style.
funk metal is extreme style. even pantera, although more heavy, is also a fuky power groove you know, like 5 minutes alone, regular people, psycho holiday...
Quote by zed leppelin

its real punchy, and kind of high on the treble end but all in all its a good pickup, its horrible clean, but its not supposed to be good clean. it will fit a metal sound just fine

It sounds like crap because there isn't a lot of note definition. No clarity.
Quote by zed leppelin

Bull shit. Dimarzio Evo's make you sound bad if you can't play well, the Dimebucker is just an out and out poor pickup that does too much treble with a name slapped on it.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.