i just exported my gp5 backing track as midi and am trying to put it into audacity to record my part over but i imported the midi and theres a bar for it in audacity but when i hit play it doesnt play the midi track? what is wrong i get an error message saying check output and sample rates and stuff?

help please
Quote by ch715dallat
why would it allow you to imprt it then?

i dunno but i suggest either A) Putting a mic next to your speakers and play the midi track to record it OR B) run a cable directly from the headphone jack to the mic jack and play the track. either way will get it sounding decent although i suggest b.
theres an even easier way... on audacity, select stereo mix from the drop down box in the top right. This will record everything that is coming through your speakers, but before it does. Press record on Audacity then cross over to Guitar Pro 5 and hit play, and play it all the way through while it records on Audacity! Make sure you don't get MSN noises .etc appearing or it will record to. It also helps to have no other programs running or the recording can get a little jumpy.
Quote by sam i am
theres an even easier way... on audacity, select stereo mix from the drop down box in the top right. This will record everything that is coming through your speakers, but before it does. Press record on Audacity then cross over to Guitar Pro 5 and hit play, and play it all the way through while it records on Audacity! Make sure you don't get MSN noises .etc appearing or it will record to. It also helps to have no other programs running or the recording can get a little jumpy.

Also, if you are using midi, you can simply select "MIDI" instead of "Stereo Mix", this way it will only record midi, so you will not have to worry about MSN noises etc as long as they are not midi files.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Ah, I see. Personally I think the RSE drums sound awful, so I tend to stick with MIDI...
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Yeah, I know what you mean. The trick is to make, the snare and bass fff and have the cymbals/hi-hat on forte becuse otherwise you cant hear the snare and bass. It sounds good my way though.
Use itunes to convert the file into MP3 then import it into Audacity... it's what I had to do while at my dad's place.
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition