I'm looking to buy a good footswitch.

my Boss FS-5L annoys me because it doesn't activate until you let go of the switch, it doesn't work when its just pressed down

and once you've changed it, you need to press it twice more to turn it off

anyone know of any good footswitches that'll work with a Cube 60?
you can try the FS-5U. It's the unlatched version of the FS-5L. Although you don't have to press it twice, you still will have to hold the footswitch down, which is more of a hassle imo. Restricts your movement and your leg will get uncomfortable, i will imagine. Other than the FS-5L, the FS-5U and the combination double footswitch of the two, i don't think there is another footswitch compatiable with the cube.
really? only boss footswitches work with the cube?

I need one that I don't have to hold down, but that activates as soon as is pressed down

and that I don't need to press twice
I had the same problem as you for a while matt, what you need is a momentary push-to-BREAK footswitch. I've found these pretty hard to come by. Eventually i bulit my own which was really easy and cheap, but i have recently found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270095354387 which should do the job fine.

^Also momentary switches don't work on th cube as the other poster described because the channel changes on the cube when the siganl into the footswitch jack goes from low to high.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Last edited by Pete Griffin at Mar 4, 2007,
dude im after the same thing. does that pedal pete griffin mentioned need to be held down or does it stay on when you lift off and then off when its pressed again? pedals are confusing. also, froogle shows the best deals for them.
Well i have a cube 60 (i don't know if the new x series are the same or not) but you definately need a momentary push-to-break switch. I originally bought a push-to-make switch, but the channel would change when i released the pedal, resulting in a small delay. The momentary push-to-break only has to be pressed once, the channel will switch on pressing, then u can remove your foot and it will stay change as footswitches are meant to. Check out a thread i created in my profile. Im 95% certain that pedal will do the job, but if you can handle a soldering iron you could make one yourself.

Here's the one i made on the left, the hardest part was making the casing.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/Wormivore/ebay022.jpg
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22

Last edited by Pete Griffin at Mar 4, 2007,
well I suppose that pedal on ebay is only a fiver...so I'll probs go for that

cheers for the help though Pete, I was starting to worry the Cube 60 didn't have any decent footswitches available for it
^ hehe same when i bought it, it's a great little amp and it would be a shame if it had a problem with footswitching. I don't know why boss or roland don't make a suitable switch . Let me know how you get on if you decide to go for the switch.
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22