I'm relatively new to bass and the time has come to get some new strings. The onbly problem is i have no idea which ones to get. I use my fingers and play funk/punk etc...

Any suggestions?
I've heard nothing but good about DR's, and the search button.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
i like elixir strings personally. they are very smooth, and you can move around quicklywith them (in my experience)
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
I personally love the Ernie Ball Hybrid strings. I play some punk and funk stuff to and they are awesome for pick playing and the good ole fingers.
Fender Jazz Bass (lefty)
Epiphone Les Paul (lefty)
Quote by big_chuck
I personally love the Ernie Ball Hybrid strings. I play some punk and funk stuff to and they are awesome for pick playing and the good ole fingers.

I have them on my fender at the moment, i used to swear by rotosounds and was reluctant to try anything else but these strings are god-like to me! Affordable and they sound good.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
My brother just got a set of DR Black Beautys, and they are amazing. They sound very very good, and look really good too. They're a little spendy though.
i would go with rotosound 60-105 swing bass strings, roundwound, they are simply the best
Quote by BassistGal
I've heard nothing but good about DR's, and the search button.

I'm a proponent of Elixers, myself. But if you're not willing to shell out the cash for them, DR strings are solid.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
i had some Ernie balls on my bass and they awesome but try different sorts till you found some you really get on with!
Buying Handicapt Dwarfs Aint Big Nor Clever!
I've never heard a bad word about DRs or Elixers, so try them out.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I use Ernie Ball Super Slinkys. So far, I like them. I might try some other ones out just to see the difference.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.