I use a Boss ME50 and i recently bought a Vox AC30CC...I notice that the ME50 even if i put it through the effect loop kills my tone even when it's just idling....So i'm going to sell it and buy some analogue pedals...my question is, would analouge pedals suck my tone aswell...if so is there any way to prevent this....oh ya im probably going to get a Bad Monkey overdrive and then some others afterwards
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Multi FX units will suck tone, you don't get all those effects for cheap without some drawbacks. More to the point, why in the name of all that's holy are you plugging one of those nasty things into an AC 30??? Throw it away, plug straight into the amp and crank it. You'll probably end up with a noise abatement order slapped on you by the local authorities, but you'll have sounded damn good!

If you spend a bit more you can get pedals with true bypass, and also a lot of cheaper pedals are modifiable and can be converted to true bypass.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Multi FX units will suck tone, you don't get all those effects for cheap without some drawbacks. More to the point, why in the name of all that's holy are you plugging one of those nasty things into an AC 30??? Throw it away, plug straight into the amp and crank it. You'll probably end up with a noise abatement order slapped on you by the local authorities, but you'll have sounded damn good!

If you spend a bit more you can get pedals with true bypass, and also a lot of cheaper pedals are modifiable and can be converted to true bypass.

I don't really use the ME50 with it...i tried it out to see how it would sound but then realised that it was shite and thats why im selling it....
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by mr_hankey
Cheap, buffered pedals will.

How's the free speech?

I havn't tried the free speech with it yet...What about the Bad Monkey, iv heard that they sound great but i don't know whether or not it will suck my tone
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
^ Plug the damn thing in. You have an AC30, play it like it's 1969!
Official Mascot of The Fender Armada!
Two Four Six Eight, Who Do We Appreciate? Yay Fender Woooo!!

Epiphone G-400 Custom - Fitted with a Original Bigsby B5
Fender 65 Twin Reverb
Fulltone OCD
Vox V847 Wah
Rotovibe
Boss Flanger
MXR Phase 90
Quote by Bossman123
I havn't tried the free speech with it yet...What about the Bad Monkey, iv heard that they sound great but i don't know whether or not it will suck my tone
They don't suck tone at all. Brilliant pedals, and Digitech were so kind as to put a 'LOW' + 'HIGH' control on there
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Bossman123
I use a Boss ME50 and i recently bought a Vox AC30CC...I notice that the ME50 even if i put it through the effect loop kills my tone even when it's just idling....So i'm going to sell it and buy some analogue pedals...my question is, would analouge pedals suck my tone aswell...if so is there any way to prevent this....oh ya im probably going to get a Bad Monkey overdrive and then some others afterwards

just buy higher quality single effects. Pretty much all pedal will change the tone a little when turned on. You have to adjust the knobs on your amp to counter act the tone changes from the pedals. The worst thing you can do is set your amp to a certain tone then never touch the knobs ever again. You have to tweak it. How do you think experienced players have tons of effects in front of their AC30's but still have great tone (i.e. the edge). You will have to phase out your Boss multi-fx as you build up single pedals.

What model AC30 did you get?
True bypass or one's with good buffers will work great, and sound exactly 987685764856 times better.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Gutch220
How do you think experienced players have tons of effects in front of their AC30's but still have great tone (i.e. the edge). You will have to phase out your Boss multi-fx as you build up single pedals.

The Edge has ****ing 30 million effects, and probably a guy hired just to turn the knobs on the amp, and a couple of sound techs: so his situation is hardly comparable.
you missed the point entirely. The point is, he has a lot of effects units going into his amps but the tone still sounds good. So it's possible to have many quality effects and still have a good tone. When you buy the cheap multi-effects pedal, your paying for a large quantity of bedroom quality effects