is it possible to use a talkbox on a bass, if so, has it been done? what does it sound like? can you use teh same talkbox for both guitar and bass?
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
ah well
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

it basically uses a horn to shove all the high frequencies up a tube and into your mouth, then that is picked up with a microphone. Bass frequencies won't be reproduced by the horn.
Quote by smb
it basically uses a horn to shove all the high frequencies up a tube and into your mouth, then that is picked up with a microphone. Bass frequencies won't be reproduced by the horn.

+1

I've often wondered if making a talkbox with a bigger driver would work, but as far as I can figure, it would just make the talkbox nearly impossible to use. Too bad.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
I used a guitar wah with my bass before. It could play the D and G strings pretty well, but when I went to E it didn't pick up.
Quote by jay bird!!!
I used a guitar wah with my bass before. It could play the D and G strings pretty well, but when I went to E it didn't pick up.

That's nice, but I'm all out of gold stars.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by jay bird!!!

This thread isnt about wah....
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by canadianpunk071
That's nice, but I'm all out of gold stars.

have no fear, i have one right here:

But yeah, this is about a talk box, and guitar wahs usually work on basses anyway, they just cut out the lows a bit too much for my liking
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!