I have created lots of folkmetal but all aren't 100% complete. I have influences from Ensiferum. Hope you like and crit them

EDIT: The pack now contains updated and complete version from Statue of Goddes, hope you like it
Attachments:
Folkmetal.zip
Gear

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
ENGL Thunder 50 E322
Blackstar HT-50
Framus 2x12 Cab
Yamaha HS50M

Founder of Opeth Fans Group
Last edited by Hypetreme at Mar 6, 2007,
Criting as im listening...

First one (Statue) is very good! I really like your sense of melody...

Second (Kaleva) seems to be an intro to a song, that was also good. Very good opener, could develop into something...

Third (Land) starts of like the other songs, in a good way. But after the intro, the rythm feels quite strange to me. I dont know what you can do with it, but I think that it is the pauses I dont like. Otherwise, great melody here too...

Fourth (Ferry) also a good song, best so far. Starts of quite mellow and then speeds up a lot! I like that. The break with the acoustic part is the greatest on the whole song, only thing you could do here is to spice it up a little more by not being so repetitive. Ending after is excellent.

Fifth (Valhalla) the intro reminds me of the Soviet national anthem. Overall, great song.

Sixth (Storm) is a bit repetitive, othervise good.

Seventh (Hymn) sounds like the start of an epic, if you could do some small changes to the intro riff... This one could be great!

This is my first crit, and I think you have done a great job! A bit repetitive sometimes, but thats the only flaw as I see it. Your sense of melody is great! Keep it up!

Thx for critting mine!
Hymn: I'm not to familiar with this style of music, so there's not much constructive crit I can give. however i did enjoy it, very soothing music.

Kaleva: pretty much same as Hymn. Those 2 remind me of celtic type music which I really like cuz of Irish decent =)

land where: I really liked this. Was similiar to the first 2 but led into a little heavier melody.

Statue: Intresting song. I had to hear this one several times cuz its sound is intriguing and rather orignial. nice work.

Stormtorch: sweet riff, but somewhat wore out to much at the beginning. I liked the middle alot. Flowed very nice. I liked this one.

Ferry: Started off "celtic" again and jumped right into a dragonforce sound. This one is my favorite. Kick ass.

Valhalla: The first 25 seconds had me convinced I was gonna hear something Cradle of Filth sounding. The next 25 secs kept me intrested, but after that I started gettin bored with it. But that may have somethin to do with either my taste of music or lack of lyrics (as we all know what lyrics can do for a song)

Overall, the music was well put together and flowed nicely. Great work I say. I look forward to more.
Hymn: a little repetitive, but as stated before it would make and excellent intro to an epic song

Kaleva: Pretty much the same kind of feel as Hymn...theyd make excellent intros

Land: I really like where this one is going...a lot...wow im listening now and its amazing...im never gonna get that out of my head, i love the last riff, the lead part at the end of the measures gives it a lot of "flavor"...definitely work on that one more, i wanna hear the whole song finished, its really good IMO

Statue: not my favorite, but not much to crit either, just not my taste i guess (im just not feeling the minor tonality)

Storm: I liked where this one is going, not much to say here either
Ferry: Wow this is another really good one...maybe a little variation here and there but it has potential

Valhalla: Again, a lot of potential, but a great concept, just a little variation would definitely keep me into it a little more

I liked them all a lot, im going back to listen to land
Last edited by 6_6_6_1_syn at Mar 6, 2007,
Hey Thanks for critting my song..

Ok, I'll crit as I go...

Hymn of the Oak Woods: I really liked this one. The intro seemed kinda busy and loud, but I really like the melody of it and all. I agree that this could be some kind of epic soundtrack or something.

Kaleva: Wow. I love this one! Definitly add more to this. Very peaceful. Something I could fall asleept to. (<< That's a good thing by the way IMO) lol

Land Where No-one Dies: Ah, here's the metal side. Wow this is cool. Dude this is like the coolest stuff ever! I think the intro sounds alot like the previous one, Kaleva. It'd be cool if you could merge this and Kaleva into a song or something. These is really cool!

Statue of Goddess: Sweet. The very start intro is kinda upbeat, but not overly up-beat. Very cool, and the drums are cool too! I really like the melody, especially around 1:00. Oh sweet. Dude I like this last acoustic part. Great lead-up and stuff...This has definite promise, especially the last melody part, after the acoustic.

Stormtorch: Sweet intro. Definitly very cool. Kinda repedative, but still really good.

The Ferryman: Great intro! Oh sweet tremelo picking! I really like this acoustic part, and the drums are great with it! It's be cool if you put a slow peaceful solo in here, kinda like in Master of Puppets...I really am liking this outro melody...Sweet!

Valhalla: Hey cool voice/synth intro. I really like this part around 1:00. The drums are really good in this one I think. Lol cool outro too...

Sorry, I'm not really good at critting, I basically just told you that I liked it lol...Hope this helped in some way...

Keep it up, this is quality stuff!!!
Hey man! thanks for criting my Futureal song, much appreciated. I know nothing about folk metal really, but I've got a mate who knows huge amount. He'll have a listen, and then I'll get back to you in a day or two

Just so that you know that I haven't ignored your crit request
Pretty cool dude. Ive got one of ensifirums cd and its pretty obvious to hear them in your music.

standouts for me where old hymn (sounded plain cool) + stormtouch (sounded like amon amarth) both kaleva and statue have some nice chord progressions, maybe make the lead melody a little more interesting??
Wow, this is definitly FolkMetal! While I'm not particularily a fan, I thought these were really good songs, all in all. Your harmonic ideas are simple, but quite pleasing to hear as well as being quite accurate as far as what the where the song is going. I thought they were all a little too repetitive for my taste, you should definitly add a few fills and solo licks here and there to spice it up from the main leads and rhythms. I really liked the new version of Statue of the Goddess. It felt less repetitive because of the bridge and the alternate melody in the end riff. I also thought your drums were spot-on all the way through.

Excellent work man. Just add some more variety, like I said.
Hymn of the Oak Wood: Rather eerie start, the name goes so well with the song. Like it. 7/10

Kaleva: a good start, bi it really does need to be finished, 4.5/10

Land where no-one dies: like this one, again needs to be finished but it is a good idea, 7/10

Statue of Goddess: Drums are great in this, like the music, does tend to drag on at the start. Part 2 sounds better and like the outro, it is well made, 7/10

Stormtorch: Great, bit repetitive but i like it that way. 7.5/10

The Ferryman: Again a great name for the song, a lot faster than your others, guitar is great and so are the drums. Again very well constructed, really like this one. One of your better ones, 8/10

Valhalla: Very cheerful song, drums are great, but it does tend to drag on. Second half is better though, overall not bad but not amazing. 6.5/10

Overall i'd give these pieces a 7/10. You have got some great songs there and they really should be finished.
i loved valhalla, really nice, has kind of a happy feel to it, which is good considering a lot of todays music is based on angst. it is kinda lenghty but it makes up for it with the interesting drums.
i liked all of these but the only problem is that they are pretty repetative and i am not a big fan of tremolo picking, so for some reason these songs did not sound great to my ear.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
This is kinda repeative stuff because this is some kind of power metal too. Anyhow, vocals can improve song a lot. Every song has almost normal powermetal build ex. there is 2 verses and 2 choruses.
Gear

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
ENGL Thunder 50 E322
Blackstar HT-50
Framus 2x12 Cab
Yamaha HS50M

Quote by nexteyenate
i liked all of these but the only problem is that they are pretty repetative and i am not a big fan of tremolo picking, so for some reason these songs did not sound great to my ear.

Are you sure you listened all of these? There was tremolo picking in one song only...
Gear

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
ENGL Thunder 50 E322
Blackstar HT-50
Framus 2x12 Cab
Yamaha HS50M

You know those are pretty good, short, but pretty good. I agree there should be a little more variety, but I'm not that into folk metal. Valhalla was pretty sick, reminded me a bit of manowar. Good job!
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Quote by Hypetreme
Are you sure you listened all of these? There was tremolo picking in one song only...

well, i only listened to 2, but i was in a hurry lol. they sounded very similar (genre wise), so i didnt bother listening to the other ones.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
the opening to valhalla reminds me of "one road to asa bay" by bathory
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun