Yep, I'm looking to buy a wah pedal, and I've since long decided I want a switchless one. I'll be using it mostly for heavily distorted lead and rhythm, but I don't want it to sound like total shite clean either.

I've been looking at

Dunlop Crybaby Q95
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Morley Mark Tremonti
Morley Bad Horsie
Morley Bad Horsie Contour

Suggestions?
My budget would be around 200 euros, preferably lower of course.
maybe the dunlop 535q?

a very good, versatile wah

not sure if its switchless mind

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

weeping deamon ftw.
My Facebook

MAIN Gear:

Jackson Pro Rhoads

AMP:

Head: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier BLACK FACE

Cab: Mesa Boogie 4x12 Road King Slant
Well, the Crybaby isn't a switchless wah. The Ibanez Weeping Demon is not a good wah pedal. One of the Morley's is certanly the way to go. I personally prefer the Bad Horsie II. It's a fantastic wah. The Tremonti is also excellent, although it's a little trebley for my tastes.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by maxter0
I've been looking at

Dunlop Crybaby Q95
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Morley Mark Tremonti
Morley Bad Horsie
Morley Bad Horsie Contour

I'd recommend either the Dunlop or Morley wahs. Don't even waste your time with the Ibanez.

On a side note, the 535Q is not switchless. The Q95 is.
why does the wah have to be switchless?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Simply because I've used wahs before and ending up being annoyed by the whole switching sequence of it, and I want to be able to put in some wah in the middle of a riff and stuff like that. That's why.
that's a reason

well...i'd go with the morleys then...
dunlop wahs pretty much suck (to me)
and the ibanez...not a fan

you should at least check the vox wahs out...ive never had a problem with switching mine on and off...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Last edited by hendriko at Mar 4, 2007,
its true...
the only one that came close to the sound of the vox v847 was the dimebag wah when i tried it....and it was $50 more...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

You always cut a part of the rubber stoppers under the toe end of the treadle off; it'll make it much easier to press the switch (less pressure is needed).
Quote by hendriko
its true...
the only one that came close to the sound of the vox v847 was the dimebag wah when i tried it....and it was $50 more...

They're not supposed to sound the same. I've had a Vox V847 before, used it for about a year. I've had plenty of other wahs too, and the best I've come across has been my Dunlop 535Q. It's all a matter of preference.
Quote by mr_hankey
You always cut a part of the rubber stoppers under the toe end of the treadle off; it'll make it much easier to press the switch (less pressure is needed).

you're more likely to turn it off on accident then.

morley power wah for the win.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Guitarmiester
They're not supposed to sound the same. I've had a Vox V847 before, used it for about a year. I've had plenty of other wahs too, and the best I've come across has been my Dunlop 535Q. It's all a matter of preference.

it is a matter of personal preference
all i'm saying is that to me only the dunlop simebag wah came close to the sound of the v847 (which i bought in the end)

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

I understand what you are trying to say, but your logic is pretty bad. You didn't like a certain Dunlop wah because it did not sound like a Vox V847 and it was an extra $50, so... Dunlop sucks.
what i meant is that all the dunlop wahs i tried (the 535Q, the zakk wylde, the dimebag, the classic, and the original one) to me didnt sound as good as the v847

and only the dimebag wah somewhat came close to the sound of the v847 (which has the sound i want) but it was $50 more

so...i didnt find a dunlop wah for me
so to me they arent as good as the vox ones

if it makes you happy i can change my first post to "to me the dunlop wahs suck"

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

I love my weeping demon.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
You can change it if you want, I could care less. But, basing the reputation of one company off of another because it didn't sound similar to their product?

He's looking for something that will suit heavily distorted lead work anyway. Vox makes great wahs, just doesn't really fit in his situation.
no im basing the reputation of a company on the sound that fits for me
and vox wins in that category
dunlop just didnt make what i was looking for

but how bout we end this...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

I have a weeping demon and it sounds good to me for RHCPlike tones, it's also very personalizable and switchless. It's sad to see lot of people being impressed by the constructor name... I personally don't like ibanez, but when I tried this thing I sold my morley wah the day after