Poll: Do you think being size 0 is irresponsible as a role model?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think being size 0 is irresponsible as a role model?
Yes
196 77%
No
56 22%
Voters: 253.
Page 1 of 3
What do you think of extremely skinny models? Some of them are dying of anorexia... and so are the people influenced by them into tyring to look like them....

Do you think it is irresponsible to get that thin, when you are meant to be a role model? What do you think of size 0 models? (thats UK size 4, by the way)

Here is a picture of a supposed role model...

http://www.thestranger.com/blog/files/2006/08/nicole-richie-beach-01.jpg
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Mar 4, 2007,
I dated a girl that was a 0, she had an ass, but was a 0. I like girls with something on them, not fat or chubby, just healthy.
I think its fine to have models and celebrities that are really thin, as long as you teach children about health.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
What do you think of extremely skinny models? Some of them are dying of anorexia... and so are the people influenced by them into tyring to look like them....

Do you think it is irresponsible to get that thin, when you are meant to be a role model? What do you think of size 0 models? (thats UK size 4, by the way)

Honestly, I think Its stupid for both parties. To knowingly starve yourself is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of. To starve yourself because someone on TV did it is even stupider.
It's kind of hard to believe that women are actually influenced by models. Most of them look ridiculous.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
It doesn't make them look sexy. It's disgusting and shouldn't be allowed. Those places that banned skinny models are doing the right thing.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

if they are naturally that thin due to anemia or something then i cant complain, but people using anorexic models is essentially glorifying anorexia (and is very unattractive) so yes i would call that somewhat irresponsible.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^^ it's not so much 'i want to starve myself to look like paris hilton' but if all models are thin, to young girls this would seem like a norm, and how they ought to be looking. So, as everyone in society seems to do, they'll eat less. Viscious cycle.

EDIT: to the guy above me, lol anemia doesn't make you thin. It doesnt affect your weight at all.
Quote by aixelsydevahi
It doesn't make them look sexy. It's disgusting and shouldn't be allowed. Those places that banned skinny models are doing the right thing.

I agree, word to word.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
models are disgusting and shallow
originally posted by Shoestick
Holy hell, that is the primest example of a rambling idiot trying to sound intelligent Ive ever seen, and I just sat through four years of Bush!
I agree that it is irresponsible. It is also irresponsible to be so mentally challenged that people are actually influenced by that type of unattractiveness.
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
They should fucking eat to stop giving young women the wrong ideas.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
I meant to hit yes but I hit no...

Anyway I dont think that size 0 girls are sexy... I mean I like chicks with some meat on their bones... Hell I like fat chicks... not huge ones, but I love chicks with a little something on them...
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
The size 0 look like 12 year old boys with long hair...

There is a difference between skinny and emaciated... unfortunately alot of good looking chicks that aren't fat think they are because we place Holocaust victims in dresses and send them down the runway...
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Last edited by The McManus at Mar 4, 2007,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
if they are naturally that thin due to anemia or something then i cant complain, but people using anorexic models is essentially glorifying anorexia (and is very unattractive) so yes i would call that somewhat irresponsible.

Anemia is due to the heamoglobin in the blood having trouble carrying oxygen around the body due to lack of iron. It causes tiredness, dizzy spells and paleness but not being skinny (at least not to my knowledge).
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Led_Zeppelin992
I think that Mistress is a prime example of a good model.

Hahaha.... aside from the obvious (i look nothing like a model should) model agencies won't accept people over size 6 (us 2)

apparently this is because people look bigger in photos. So it's not the models fault it's the photographers fault. Stupid fashion industry.
They should look however they wanna look. Anyone who's role is a fashion needs to find a new one anyway.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by The McManus

Anyway I dont think that size 0 girls are sexy... I mean I like chicks with some meat on their bones... Hell I like fat chicks... not huge ones, but I love chicks with a little something on them...

gotta love that thickness

models like that are so disgustingly unattractive, i dont even know what else to say....and that's a rarity
Quote by VoodooChild15
They should look however they wanna look. Anyone who's role is a fashion needs to find a new one anyway.

That's part of the problem though. The models are told to be skinny by their agency. It's not really them choosing how they look.
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff
It's kind of hard to believe that women are actually influenced by models. Most of them look ridiculous.

True dat
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by The McManus

I'm right with you on that.

EDIT: But for me it's not like I'm going around saying "Damn look at that fat chick I gots to have her!". It's just that I don't automatically dislike a girl because she is kinda chubby or something like that.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by About 2 Snap
That's part of the problem though. The models are told to be skinny by their agency. It's not really them choosing how they look.

But it's kind of universally known now that if you want to be a model you have to be stick thin. I doubt anything will really change because the designers will carry on making tiny clothes. The models are just clothes horses, nobody cares about their wellbeing.
If the lady in your picture had larger breasts, and younger and more defined while still being the same weight, people would be fapping over her. Everyone against the rather skinny models show just really ugly skinny people.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Size 0 is pretty gross in my opinion. Overly skinny isn't attractive to me. I prefer girls around a size 9-ish.

Edit: I chose the wrong poll option.
Last edited by kiefermatot at Mar 4, 2007,
Quote by chillininfl
If the lady in your picture had larger breasts, and younger and more defined while still being the same weight, people would be fapping over her. Everyone against the rather skinny models show just really ugly skinny people.

unless you're pumped full of silicone, it's not POSSIBLE to be that thin with larger breasts.
i have no clue what the sizes exactly mean, but i've got to agree on the whole argument of age and boob size... cause even if her face was a lil off but she was about early 20's, with like bb's or better, her weight wouldn't be as easily noticed
when they come for me, i'll be sitting at my desk, with a gun in my hand, wearin a bullet-proof vest, singin: "my my my how the time does fly, when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night"
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
unless you're pumped full of silicone, it's not POSSIBLE to be that thin with larger breasts.

Exactly. It would look even worse anyways. Chicks with fake boobs=teh suck.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by VoodooChild15

It's ok to have a style icon or whatever, but yeah, when it comes to actual ROLE MODELS i agree---find someone who makes a positive difference in the world or something.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths...
How the **** is that attractive? Do you get turned on when you see African children emaciated from famine? No? Then how come these 'models' do? It looks like someone stuck a tube in heir body and sucked all teh flesh out. Sickening.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
That picture of nicole richie is disgusting. The first thing that goes when you lose that much weight is your boobs. Don't do it, girls.

That's why I think the victoria's secret models are pretty; they don't starve themselves. They're healthy but still skinny in a good way.
Wait, models are some people's role models? weird.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
This really is disgusting. She has no tits whatsoever. I don't know how people can consider this beautiful at all. You really don't need to look that thin. It's terrible what people are doing these days. And the worst part is, young girls are trying to be like this and it's just corrupting them all. I'm glad that people like you can see through this and try to stop it. Most people fall right into this trap but it's good that you can see through all this crap.
I saw this thing when this really skinny girl was trying out for an agency but they told her she was too fat. It disgusted me.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
I don't think it's irresponsible for models to be thin, it is their job after all. They make designers' jobs easier when their bodies are clean lines and angles, with little or no curves. It's their job to be thin, their agencies are always pushing them to be a certain way, and they can hit the road if they don't agree with it. Look at Tyra Banks for example. She was a high fashion model but couldn't deal with the pressure to always watch what she ate, so she went into swimsuit and lingerie modeling where curvier frames are needed. But I see your point, and I think it's ridiculous that people in our society can't see through this fad and realize how unhealthy it actually is. And it's sad that young girls are affected by this the most. Never before in history has the pressure to be thin been so strong, people are trying to attain physically impossible goals because of how they are perceived by other people. I think the solution is to be more accepting as a society.
Drop another coin in the slot, and I will tell you more...
Last edited by _ChAkA_ at Mar 4, 2007,
Page 1 of 3