I searched the forum, found nothing.

Im in the middle of my planned modding for my Les Paul Special II (yes, yes, I know, crap, shit, whatever). Im at the stage where Ive sanded the body down to wood and installed binding on the top and back of the guitar and Im ready for paint, and I was planning to go buy some Krylon or Duplicolor cans and stuff today, but I needed to make sure I got everything.

Spray Primer (Grey??)
Spray Color (White)
Spray Finish (Glossy or Matte)
Sandpaper Coarsenesses 220, 800, 1000, 2000
Masking Tape

Is that all Ill need for the basic refinishing?
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
A sanding sealer would help too. It's a spray. But, you can use a few coats of primer instead. It's just so the wood doesn't soak up the paint as much.
Okay, and to do only the one guitar, Im looking at 2 cans of each, right?
Quote by red star

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
Bump

How many cans of Primer, Paint, and Finish to be able to finish a full body and neck? Will 2 cans do it? Or Should I get 3 of each?
Quote by red star

Quote by Dyaxe666
I would use krylon.Also do use a sanding sealer.2-3 coats should do fine you'l get a better result using sealer and sanding smooth with some 320 prior to applying the primer.
You'll only need 1 can of the primer and colour but a few cans of clear.
I'd use a sealer to give you a level base to spray your primer and colour. You may also want to buy some buffing compound as well.