it always seems like when my fingernails start to show a little bit of white, it starts affecting my fretting abilities so i have to cut them. does it affect yall too?
Sometimes, depends on how long they are. Just cut them, unless you're playing classical.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
i always do. It helps while playing. Also never let them get too long unless you play classical guitar ( and if you are, you are posting this to the wrong place)
i prefer long fret hand nails cause i play lead and when i bend, i dont want the strings to go under my fingernails, or else its like chinese bamboo shoot torture
and, i like taper the sides kinda so i can play chords and stuff better
idk
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by aralcan
i always do. It helps while playing. Also never let them get too long unless you play classical guitar ( and if you are, you are posting this to the wrong place)

nah, im trying to play under the bridge and the its kinda hard to play those chord formations with finger nails.
Keep them cut down short (some white is ok, dont break down your nails until you bleed then you'll be screwed that way too)

But keep them short enough so they're not in the way.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
I used to have a big fingernail problem but have since developed my fingers so they come up less but I like to cut my fingernails quite a bit. A little white is the average for me.
The moment they show white I cut em
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.