26 39%
bc rich
1 1%
ibanez
18 27%
other
22 33%
Voters: 67.
im getting a new guitar when i graduate. but for future reference what would be a good third guitar for metal. i love jacksons,some bc richs and ibanez. any suggestions on models or companys?
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
It would be a good idea to expand your budget a few hundred dollars, which would open you up to a huge difference in quality, namely from Ibanez, Schecter and Jackson.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
A nice Ibanez RG and put some Dimarzios or EMGs in it, or a Jackson are probably your best bets.
Quote by toddpens8771
If you get a BC Rich or a Dean i'll personlly kill you and rape your little sister.
i dont have a sister but i get the idea!
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
Schecter!
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Ibanez
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
get a jackson.... i 've got a rhandy roads and it sounds amazing
you can find a proper model like a rr3 for about 600 bucks....
but i dont know if you can play in classical position
Learn to swim....

Αλλη μια πέτρα που κυλά...

[quote="Chris.Rock.Art
"]he's my "friend" he said he wanted me to see. It wasn't an accident...he wants to have sex
Out of those, Jackson. I guess Guitarislife125's idea is good if you're cool with modifying/possibly losing a lot of value from your guitar. I'd go for a Schecter C-1 Artist, it's $500 and it's really good. The only thing is that it's not ONLY for metal, but it can sure as hell do it well.
Quote by Guitarislife125
O RLY? What's a good Dean for $500 that isn't a piece of shit?

i dunno about the cheaper ones but i no i got one for £575 that uis awsome!!!!!
Bc Rich and Dean isnt as bad as everybody says. They arent the best guitars for the money but some of them are pretty nice.
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Samick 80 watts amp (Doesn't sound good though)
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
:stickpoke
Quote by dean_from_hell
i dunno about the cheaper ones but i no i got one for £575 that uis awsome!!!!!

Wow, you really know how to contribute to the thread considering he asked for a guitar that costs $500 and you reccomended one costing $1,118.06.
Quote by Guitarislife125
Wow, you really know how to contribute to the thread considering he asked for a guitar that costs $500 and you reccomended one costing $1,118.06.

how am i supposed to no hes talking in $ not £ he just wrote 500 and also i dont conversions
Quote by dean_from_hell
i still say dean

You can't get a decent dean for that price... £500 easily but $500 no.

and i play a dean myself so i'm not just your average dean hater... How about Peavey? Theyre pretty cheap. But jacksons are good.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Well i would think the Ibanez would be best for floyde rose purposes, but Dean is also a sweet decision

Am I supposed to sculpt the penis?

I'm a huge jackson fan but for that price you can get a better ibanez in my opinion. But as soon as you have the money for any jackson with neck thru construction or a USA dinky they are miles better than a ibanez imo

Any more money than that it's really a matter of opinion. I've heared that the BC rich calibre series are awsome and also the handcrafted. Has anyone here ever played one of these?
^ Ignorancy, since LTD is an ESP, they just put a different name on it and they are mass-produced. Also, most if not all ESPs are good guitars.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
ibanez
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by SGStrummer61
^ Ignorancy, since LTD is an ESP, they just put a different name on it and they are mass-produced. Also, most if not all ESPs are good guitars.

Ya, kinda like how Epiphones are the same as Gibsons, it's just they have a different name on them .

Considering the majority of LTDs are built in Korea, the quality control is far less than a Japanese built ESP.
Lots of people seem to prefer Ibanez RGs with customized Pickups (EMGs etc)
Quote by Guitarislife125
Ya, kinda like how Epiphones are the same as Gibsons, it's just they have a different name on them .

Considering the majority of LTDs are built in Korea, the quality control is far less than a Japanese built ESP.

Its a totally different thing. ESP made LTD so they could make more affordable guitars, reserving the ESP name for their hand-built guitars. Gibson bought Epiphone so they could also make some more affordable versions of their guitars, but not the same quality or quality control.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by Guitarislife125
Ya, because ESPs are $500 .

save up for an LTD 400 series. they're way better than any BC Rich or Ibanez anywhere near that price range.
Jackson guitars are great, if you can find a used DK2M in good shape for $400 to $500 go for it. I had one at one time and it was the best playing metal guitar I've ever owned. From a value point Jackson, B.C. Rich and Dean tend to be a little over priced for what you get. From my experiences I found ESP, Kramer, Peavey and Schecter to be the best bang for your buck. Schecter guitars would be the best of them all for metal, but my biggest drawback is I'm not a fan of very thick necks and that's how Schecter necks tend to be. If you like thick necks then it would be the perfect guitar and for $500 you can get a Hellraiser Deluxe with a mahogany body, mahogany neck with a rosewood fret board, an EMG 81/85 set, Grovers tuners and a set bridge piece which would be great for drop tuning. If you like thin neck great for shredding the 3 best are Ibanez, Jackson and ESP. Ibanez tends to be the best, but if you want one with good pickups it will cost you a lot more than $500. ESP and Jackson guitars tend to be close with their body and neck styles, but Jackson costs more. I know the new ESP M330 series is great and was lowered in price. A few days ago through Musician's Friend they were on sale for $300 for 3 models in that series. I would of gotten an M330FMR and used the extra $200 and put in a full EMG 81/85 set and it would of been cheaper than getting the M300FM for $620. Another option to look into would be Rondo music online. They have some deals on guitar that would normally run 3 to 4 times what most name brands would cost with the same or better quality.