Hi Folks,

I got new Humbuckers of Seymour Duncon. The SH-2 und SH-4. My Guitar is a Ibanez SZ-520. I tried to build in those Pickups but i got Problems. When i put all Wires at the Positions that were shown by the sketch (available on the website) the JH-4 didn't work how he used to. Very low Output and the Potis didn't work as they should. The Pictures shows how it look inside. I really really hope u can help me, because i'm trying to fix it since some days and don't get any good result

Greetings, Hollow

P.S.: i'm german, so pls no comments to any word or grammarfault
I think it may be because of the switch on 520. It's a very confusing switch. You can go to a local guitar store and pick up a Les Paul style 3-way switch. It shouldn't be overly expensive.

By the way, was this the diagram? http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics/2h_2v_1t_3w.html
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Yes, right. That was the digram. It's confusing me, because in no diagramm is the little "box" with the 12 pins that is in my guitar. Is that the 3-way system? How much does a LP System cost? I mean it would be better if there is someone who knows how to do it with my system ;p God, i was so happy because of my new Pickups and now...shit ;(
You could wire it without the switch, just have the two volumes and the tone controls, like on a Fender J-Bass.

A three way switch will cost about 12 US dollars, or about 10 euros.

Here is a jazz bass diagram. The colour code will be off, but I'll break it down for you.

White (in the diagram) = Your black.
Diagram's black = Your green and bare wires.
You'll need to tape the red and white wires together, as well.

Do you have any other questions?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

4sak, I'm looking at that switch and thinking it won't work. You're sending the black and the green from the neck pickup to the same pole on the switch.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Hm, it does look odd...I just translated the color coding on the assumption that this Ibanez pickup was color coded like a Dimarzio pickup, like many of them are. It worked that time. I didn't even look at where the wiring was going, mostly because I don't know anything about a...4PDT switch? I think that's what that is. Never used one.

Here's the original.
No no, it already works Both Humbucker work with fill Output. The Volume and Tone work, too. God, a big thank you goes out to you guys
Yeah i know, but the pickups are damn good and the best thing is, that the the ton poti is now a little wah wah if u turn it to the one side u got a crystal clear sound and on the other side it sounds a little bit dulli(?). Don't know if i used the right word I mean, veeeery deep bass and nearly no high tones.
Because of the new Buckers are Powerchords sharp as a razorblade
I have an Ibanez 520SZ...factory stock. Love the feel, love the mahogany tone except for when the 3-way switch is set to middle....mud is a word that comes to mind. This is, if I see things correctly, because it is wired in series, not parallel. I am considering several options list below. I would really appreciate any and all feedback on any or all of my options. Thank you in advance.
1) Change the 2 Vol/1 Tone set-up to a 1 Master Vol/2 Tone set-up.
2) Install a Schecter 5-way in order to achieve the above mentioned "parallel" setting on the inner coils (be like single coils) and also will allow for the outer coils to be set-up in parallel.
3) Upgrade to Bourn or CTS pots OR am considering upgrading the master volume to a Bourn Audio (not Linear) pot, but installing two Stellarton Tonestylers for the two tone pots. May consider a different condenser for each tone pot if the ST's aren't used.
4) Last, but not least, change the neck pickup to a Seymour/Duncan Jazz model SH2. Not decided on the bridge.....leave it or change maybe to a JB Model SH-4.

If anyone with wiring experience and give me some feedback on this set-up and maybe a link or two for the wiring instructions/diagrams, it would be greatly appreciated.
If anyone has done any or any part of these changes, comments are welcomed.
Thanks in advance.