well neck gives a throaty tone and bridge is more biting, at least i find, well what about the middle? whats that good for? like on a black beauty?
i well my guitar only has 2 pickups but i think i can help you. the neck pickup for rhythm. middle for riffing and bridge for soloing.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
Really? I've always done it the other way around... bridge for riffing, and neck for solos.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

guess what i would do to you with 2 twizzlers, a lemon, and a pack of hershey kisses.

It wouldnt be pretty
You have 3 pick ups or 2? Cause I got 2 on my epiphone but theres 3 options like yours. Well atleast how youre describing it. The Neck and middle are used more often for soloing. The middle isnt used as much though. But the middle also gives it an alright tone for chord playing. Not strong punk power chords. Mainly for a bluesy chord playing type of thing. And the bridge can be used for either of those. Most guitar players use the neck pick up for soloing so it can give it a sonic feel type of tone. But when you solo with the bridge pick up it is more clear on what youre doing.
Ballz On Parade
Part of the Emo Dies in 2007 club, PM DownInAHole. or cockzit to join
it more depends on the type of music. bluesy type solos will most likely be played on the neck pickup, but for harder rock, the bridge is used for chords and soloing alike. the middle can be used for chords with cleaner settings.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
well neck gets a smoother tone with less treble and bridge gets a sharper tone with more trbel the middle is somewhere in between. I actually use the middle pickup most on my strat cause its very versatile by swithing the treble up or down you can get a sharp without being too sharp tone or putting it down you can get a good neck sound as well
Chuck Norris has two speeds, walk and kill
The middle, I find, is more handy as a mixer rather than being used on its own. It can create some great tones with the neck/middle or bridge/middle positions.

If you've got a decent middle pup, mine is a single coil, Swineshead Dragonfly on one and a DiMarzio JEM on the other then they can be used for some great twangy play. I use mine when messing around with Hendrix-y stuff.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
ya i mean with p/u in the middle not a mix of bridge a dneck but thanks ya i have a single in my RG's middle andi use it for twangy and clean stuff just dont us it that much, was wondering what other ppl use it for
i use the middle for clean tone. good for cemetery gates clean tone for example. add chorus, phaser for even more cooler tone. and its good for an acoustic simulator too..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

middle pickup has a sharper tone than the neck, but not as sharp as the bridge.
i use neck and middle for my bridge solos, but occaisionally bridge.
when it's fitted to the song, i use the pickup to play the solo.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I only use my bridge pickup. I only got 2. My Bridge is like a very light, rough kind of sond, and my neck gives this like very bass kind of bluesy sound. I'm thinking that the middle is kind of like a mix of both ur pickups cuase it's in the middle so it gets like both qualities.