Page 1 of 3
it might just be me but:

how come everyone lately is into the weird epic-wannabe bandnames? i swear, i cant go anywhere without hearing dumb names like "Hopes downfall" or "Tomorrows sunrise" or such. (i just made those up.) does anyone actually even like these? or do they just use them because theyre so stereyotypical and easy?

ive always had this on the back of my mind... ive just never said anything about it.
The 'indie' ones are worse. 'Son, Ambulance.' 'Get cape, wear cape, fly'.

Honestly, you're all shit.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by Child In Time
The 'indie' ones are worse. 'Son, Ambulance.' 'Get cape, wear cape, fly'.

Honestly, you're all shit.

wow... that second one made me cry a little.
Quote by Metal_Militia15
The worst band names are the ones that are " ____ of ____ "

"The Lies Of Tomorrow"

"The Ends of Sanity"

They are all just stupid and annoying.

thank you, those are the kinda ones im talking about.
Quote by tumples
im sick of "the <insert noun>" names, its not hard to make those up at all

+111111111111111111111
every new band nowadays is like that. and if the band happens to have girls in it it would be
"the <insert noun here>ettes"
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
thank you, those are the kinda ones im talking about.

System Of a Down ???
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
It annoys me everytime I go to the Alt and Indie forum to the Radiohead thread and I see names like:

Q And Not U
The Sound of Animals Fighting
Flotation Toy Warning
Neutral Milk Hotel
Forward Russia!

You people are too picky. Jesus Christ, its a band name..

(But I kind of hate the post progessive ones or whatever, like Godspeed You! Black Emperor).
the worst band name that ive heard (i dont know if its local or just like and indie band) but the name was "modern life is war"....i saw a kid wearing a shirt with that and asked if it was a band....then i chuckled
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
panic at the disco has gotta be the worst band name ever!!!!!

Agreed! What's with the exclamation mark?

Panic! (Where? Where is this panic?) At the disco. (Oh, I see!)

Quote by X-Boy
System Of a Down ???

but they started that way before
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
panic at the disco has gotta be the worst band name ever!!!!!

aywpogeaus;dklfasjdf
you ****ing forgot the exclamation point?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes i am making fun of p!atd fans
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Yeah, they suck and alt bands suck and scene bands suck. I'm glad I ain't an art fag
p!atd is by far one of the worse. i knwo this is stereotypical, but fall out boy, where the hell do you get that? but yeah all the hardcore names are really annoying, for reasons everyone has already stated.

i mean at least get creative and make something like cattle decapitation or cannibal corpse, even though thats quite disgusting haha
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

bring me the horizon
and you will know us by the trail of dead
I killed the prom queen
drop dead, gorgeous
panic at the disco

oh woops, I left out the not grammatically correct punctuation mark

panic! at the disco
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Shows how much you know. Those bands are shit, but you're a dumbass if you think that they represent "indie."

That is why I have written it as 'indie' instead of indie, you see.

Quote by Blak R Immortal

i mean at least get creative and make something like cattle decapitation or cannibal corpse, even though thats quite disgusting haha

i'm gonna have to say both of those are worse than fall out boy. band name wise, music wise i hate both
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Ok whilst there are a lot of painful band names (P!atd are clearly the biggest offenders ugh I hate them for so many reasons) a few of them make good music. As someone mentioned 'the (insert nouns)s' are always the worst because they're so aboriginal.

As for System of a Down, well that's actually a turn of phrase I think, so they're not just being pretentious and grandiose for the sake of it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Child In Time
It annoys me everytime I go to the Alt and Indie forum to the Radiohead thread and I see names like:

Q And Not U
The Sound of Animals Fighting
Flotation Toy Warning
Neutral Milk Hotel
Forward Russia!

YES, the biggest turn off of all. I hate these overlong, over-elaborate band names. They simply suck.

EDIT: You forgot the upside down exclamation mark before Forward Russia!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
You know most of these "epic" names aren't nearly half as bad as alot of metal ones. Death metal bands especially have a habit of creating non pronouncable words just because they are that hardcore.

How bout people stop bitching about names and start bitching about the god-awful music some of these bands are producing instead yeah?

Band names that start with The, or even magazines that put The in front of a bands name e.g The Smashing Pumpkins, The Pixies etc are worse. Im only bitching about these because half the time these THE bands are ****ing generic indie shit.
I think Cedric dropped the mic about 20 times cause he was throwing it around so much. He also had a milk crate on his head for a bit. So yeah, it was a good show...crazy kids.

I love the Mars Volta.
You think those are bad. Seriously metal bands EASILY have the worst names ever. They're trying to sound so metal and tough and it's just ridiculous really. Metallica, Megadeth, Cannibal Corpse, Children of the Bodom, and of course Dragonforce. Now those are some shitty band names.
[quote="'[with teeth"]']

How bout people stop bitching about names and start bitching about the god-awful music some of these bands are producing instead yeah?

Which planet you from? Go into any thread, you're guaranteed to see some emo'n'indie bashing.

Quote by NGD1313
You think those are bad. Seriously metal bands EASILY have the worst names ever. They're trying to sound so metal and tough and it's just ridiculous really. Metallica, Megadeth, Cannibal Corpse, Children of the Bodom, and of course Dragonforce. Now those are some shitty band names.

You post a lot in the Pop-Punk and Emo forum. You have no right to talk.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Band names, that are names seem to be the best.

Fleetwood Mac, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd!

"The ____" hasn't been cool since The Beatles.
Quote by lukephillips000
Gay For Johnny Depp

best name ever

Best band name and best band ever.
Poor advice.
Quote by raise_the_dead

You post a lot in the Pop-Punk and Emo forum. You have no right to talk.

Oh, so my musical tastes apparently take away from my ability to judge cheesiness . I know lots of PP&E bands have shitty names but metal is miles worse.
Quote by NGD1313
Oh, so my musical tastes apparently take away from my ability to judge cheesiness . I know lots of PP&E bands have shitty names but metal is miles worse.

+1
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Page 1 of 3