Hey guys

Im looking for some good blues songs to play and sing on accoustic, they need to have a degree of wow factor to them. To give you an idea of level of playing I am at I can play and sing 'Pride and Joy' by SRV.

Recomend away.

Thanks.
Current playing with:
Cort x-6 -->Laney HCM65R

On Zakk Wylde's guitar.
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Quote by Joey Walker
Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps
Faux Mantini , or Palm Trees Helicopters and Gasoline , both by Joe Bonamassa. Click on the links to go to PowerTabs.net to download them. They are phenomenally accurate and pretty tricky.

Hope that helps.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qcnIM4t5Rs

This is my favorite thing to play, it is basically "Hey Hey" without the vocals (the vocals are all good if you can sing which I'm assuming you can based on your post). Furthermore, most of Big Bill's songs feature the finest in blues riffs.
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Anything off clapton unplugged especially layla
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
Quote by matt92l
Anything off clapton unplugged especially layla

Yeah, Layla unplugged is awesome. Not exactly 100% blues, though..
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

John Lee Hooker's songs work well acoustically too, and i think Buddy Guy did an all-acoustic album as well, which ive heard and enjoyed some of.
i can't play pride and joy on my acoustic. i can only go up to the twelvth fret, making it hard to play the beginning of the solo. beside that, alot of srv stuff would sound great on an acoustic (if you had one of those cut-away acoustics).
you told him to try to build bricks without straw
he asked you to build cities without bricks
My Home is in the Delta...by Muddy...I'm talking about the cut on Folk Singer
just look into delta blues and theres more then enough acoustic stuff. blind willie mctell, blind lemon jefferson, robert johnson, ect.
check out Hendrix's 'i hear my train a'comin' its very good acoustic blues in my opinion, and look up some rory gallagher
Try "Spider and the Fly'' By the Rolling Stones or "Madison Blues".The latter I prefer by George Thorogood and although he does it on his electric,it's just as good on acoustic.
Quote by zep123
i can't play pride and joy on my acoustic. i can only go up to the twelvth fret, making it hard to play the beginning of the solo.

wow, i can't belive what has happen to ug while i was gone. maybe it's just me but why would you want to play an electric guitar solo on acoustic? why not make something else up for the solo or do as i do and skip the solo. i never solo on acoustic, unless it's more slide stuff. i can't stand bends on acoustic. not that i play much acoustic blues, i play mainly folk and country on acoustic. or CCR
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
Quote by spiritinthesky9
wow, i can't belive what has happen to ug while i was gone. maybe it's just me but why would you want to play an electric guitar solo on acoustic? why not make something else up for the solo or do as i do and skip the solo. i never solo on acoustic, unless it's more slide stuff. i can't stand bends on acoustic. not that i play much acoustic blues, i play mainly folk and country on acoustic. or CCR

Nah, I disagree. Solos that are usually played on electric guitar can sound awesome on acoustic, though I suppose that 9 times out of 10 you need to adapt it to play it on acoustic... Acoustic solos can be great fun.
Quote by holybassbatman!
True?