I need a new distortion for my SS amp, Ive tried the Digitech DeathMetal and it sucked. Please do not recommend it. Im trying to get a heavy Death Metal sound, so pretty hardcore distortion. This is for a Solid State amp so no tubescreamers and stuff like that. So guys please recommend some so I can search for them next time I go to sam ash or guitarcenter.
Budget, and what amp do you have?
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Eh 150$ or so, can go a little higher depends on the quality of the distortion. Im going to be using this on my 15 watt crate combo and my 120 watt crate combo.
Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
try the danelectro dd-1 fab tone. it looks like its from the 50's but it sounds really heavy.
Bump...Does anyone have any feedback on BOSS Landmine, or the BBE Crusher High Gain Distortion Pedal ?
Quote by Yngwi3

that cant really get death metal (i have one)

not a BOSS MT-2

geez i dunno. theres not many good death metal pedals.
I have a Mesa boogie dual rectifier, but I never have that home. Its always at my friends house since he has a studio. I need something to use at home so I can practice or jam with my little bro. Anyone? there has to be a badass distortion somewhere out there for me =[
demonizer!!!!
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Quote by georgeazguitar
Isnt the Damage Control Demonizer for tube amps? 300$ chea? to much.

Tube pre-amp, like an actual gainstage of an amp, without the power amp. Like adding an extra amp channel, especially to a very clean tube amp.
Rocktron Silver Dragon?
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Quote by Yngwi3

EHX sounds brilliant through tubes, but I've tried and they sound horrible through SS.
Rocketron Silver Dragon sounded decent when i owned one it uses a 12AX7 tube sounds pretty decent try befor buy though
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Tech21 Sansamp GT2

btw, pedals with tubes in em are kinda a gimmick in my opinion, i'd stay away from em. They're pricier than normal pedals too. Just my 2 cents.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Well dont get an analogue pedal for a SS amp, they have no compression and are made for tube amps. Try the Tech 21 Sansamp, thats meant to be very good.
the GT2 can double up as a preamp too, well actually it is a preamp
haha, its been a while and im still on the search... Im going to look up these pedals you guys suggested.

Tech 21 Sansamp GT2, does look like it has alot of features. Ive never seen it at a shop though, does samash/guitarcenter have these pedals?
Last edited by georgeazguitar at Apr 14, 2007,
Quote by DeadMansCurve
Well dont get an analogue pedal for a SS amp, they have no compression and are made for tube amps.

what you're saying is digital pedals are better for ss amps?
i dunno about you, but im loving the tone from my pretty much all analog pedals into my ss amp. Oh and the GT2 is analog, not digital.
Eh Metalcore... I tried it and its like a digitech Death metal...

Im still thinking about the GT2, but is it analog or digital?
its all analog
if possible try to get the version 1 of GT2, which has the LED on the side. This version sounds warmer and tighter, but just a tad less gain than the newer version, which has the LED on top.

still, if its possible, try it first
Im playing death metal, id rather go for the higher gain. I can't seem to find any of the 1st version anywas. Does anyone know where I can get the Adapter?