After Ive finished building my strat, I plan on spending some time on making some pedals. Before the guitar building came along I spent some time researching to build a really simple fuzz face, but that probably wouldn't ever be used as I mainly use most of my amps on board effects. So i'm really stuck for pedals to build, i'm not going to attempt to build a Wah , i'd prefer to buy one, I use my amps distortion, reverb and delay. Can anybody suggest something to build?

Danny.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Have you been onto Tonepad.com?

A friend of mine has just built the fuzz face they have on there using the PNP transistors. Have you considered Delay pedals or phase shifters? If you have a basic knowledge on parts you should be fine (i'm always asking for help lol).
I'm looking for something my amp wont give, so delay is covered. I have been thinking about a chorus pedal because my amp only gives like a chorus/flange.

How difficult would a chorus be to make?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

To incubus, that looks like something that would cost a bit of money.

Bare in mind that this will be made on perfboard. And will my first build, so I'm looking for something kind of easy but that I will be able to use without putting it in the corner :P

Danny.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Quote by Lordoflax
To incubus, that looks like something that would cost a bit of money.

Bare in mind that this will be made on perfboard. And will my first build, so I'm looking for something kind of easy but that I will be able to use without putting it in the corner :P

Danny.

Not really, they sell all the stuff needed I think on their website. I just thought it was pretty cool to have a radio sensor that detected how far your foot was
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
I have often wondered about compressors, what is their sole purpose? What can you achieve from using them?

My amp also has a tremelo, but if that radio sensor trem was easier, I would think about that. But that would probably come in the future.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Pft. The Tremulus intrigues me more.

Umm...A compressor, it depends on how you use it. It's used to try to smooth out the dynamics of your signal or some people use it just as an effect. Basically, you set a threshold for the signal, and it balances all the really loud sounds and the really quiet sounds. A pinch harmonic would be brought to normal level, and a loud strum wouldn't be over powering. Different compressors have different tonal characteristics.
Here's some more on it:
http://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=313
http://www.theguitarfiles.com/modules.php?name=AvantGo&file=print&sid=115
If I made a compressor, to fulfil my building need I would have to build something else as well. Don't ask why :P I'll have a think about compressors.

Anybody got any suggestions on other pedals?

Is there any perfboard chorus diagrams that anybody has come across. But i'm, quite afraid that because of all the components it will rack up a hefty price.

Danny.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Hmm that orange squeezer looks interesting.

A compressor basically controls (flattens) your dynamic variation. So it will limit how loud and quiet you go. This tends to also simulate an increase in sustain.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is - Infinite.

http://thetravellingtrip.dmusic.com
^^ some sort of strange new slimey brew, its a psychedelic mess.
Check it out
What amp do you have?

A chorus is a terrible first build choice. A phaser is a bit better, tremolo yet better. A compressor is about the same as a trem I'd say.

Fuzz/booster/some distortions are the best first build choice.

You sound like you have a digital effects amp. Quite honestly, you should just sell that thing and get a decent tube. Pedals don't work well with digital effects amps.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Last edited by That_Pink_Queen at Mar 4, 2007,
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
What amp do you have?

A chorus is a terrible first build choice. A phaser is a bit better, tremolo yet better. A compressor is about the same as a trem I'd say.

Fuzz/booster/some distortions are the best first build choice.

You sound like you have a digital effects amp. Quite honestly, you should just sell that thing and get a decent tube. Pedals don't work well with digital effects amps.

Yes I want to sell my Line 6 212 but I didn't get it that long ago, so i'm guessing I would loose a lot of money on it. If only I got the blues junior And because I'm kind of tight of cash while i'm getting my materials for my guitar, I doubt the amp is an option, even though I wish it could be. I think I paid £220 for my amp, I bet I could get half for it now. My birthday is coming up soon, if only I could get decent amount of money for this.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Seriously man, skip the pedals for now, and work on getting a new amp. Maybe a Blues Jr. used or so. Then think about addons...
Amp come first, then the pedals.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
If I could get a buyer I would sell it to them instantly, but I doubt anybody I know would want to buy it.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

A trade in?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

I would have to see if they do it in the UK, because I doubt they would. But if I did get the cash, Would a good idea be to get a head and a cab? Also I now this isn't the right forum but what head would you suggest?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Well it will be practice, band practice, small gigs. That type of thing. As for music, I generally like to be quite versatile with music. However, I don't play metal or lots of heavy rock. Mainly blues, jazz, classic rock, rock. That type of style.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

I'm going to struggle getting rid of this amp first

But on another note, despite my amp. What pedal should I make that would be good to use?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Last edited by Lordoflax at Mar 4, 2007,
What I feel is missing in my set up, is a Wah. I'd love the ability to have lots of pedals but having them with this amp is just pointless.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

But as a first build I really don't think thats the best choice lol. I will buy a Wah with my birthday money. But I just have the urge to build something before then.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Quote by forsaknazrael
Haha. Mm, probably. right. You know, people do buy Line 6's online. They go for around 200-250 USD on eBay. Not as much as you got it new, but it's something.

I have had it for a few months, so that would be a real lose of money. I think i'm going to stick with it for now, im going to have to, build a few pedals buy a few pedals. I know they won't sound as good as they possibly could, but heck, it looks like i'm in a bit of a pickle.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

If I managed to get a Orange tiny terror and build a cab, do you think I could get a decent tone which would be worth using pedals with? Ive heard good things about this amp but not 100% sure.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!