Nearly everyday I have to retune, as it seems the strings stretch a little bit. Is this normal for a new guitar?
well, it´s a squire. so if it has a tremolo that wont keep in tune(lock it down the body if it "floats"). the new strings surely don´t help staying in tune either!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Yes, i know it's a squire, and i kinda want to take it back now. Do you think the'yll give full return back if it was in a pack?
depends when you got it, and if its damaged at all
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
I just called the place i got it, and they will do a full refund
Quote by xsnow
I just called the place i got it, and they will do a full refund

It's not that specific guitar, it's the fact that you bought a piece of shit and you have new strings.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
It's not that specific guitar, it's the fact that you bought a piece of shit and you have new strings.

Jeez theres a lot of squier hating in this forum. A beginner will not be able to tell the difference between a 200 dollar squier and a 3000 dollar Gibson LP.

But you dont have to take it back. I tune my guitar every time I pick it up. And new strings will go out of tune much quicker than worn in ones.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
The strings are new so you have to stretch them. Afterwards, it should be fine.
Quote by justin_fraser
Jeez theres a lot of squier hating in this forum. A beginner will not be able to tell the difference between a 200 dollar squier and a 3000 dollar Gibson LP.

Whew, I was getting a little worried when the cheap guitar comment was made. The Squier Strat was what I was looking at as my very first guitar (never played before). Makes me feel good, that as a beginner at least, I don't have to drop several hundred or a few grand to get something that will be good for me right now.
You have to tune your guitar everyday? I tune my Gibson Les Paul twice a day to keep it in tune, but that has nothing to do with the guitar. It's the strings. No matter what kind of strings you use they will stretch and go out of tune.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
New strings need stretching, if you don't do it they'll do it by themselves gradually, simple. It's got sweet f.a. to do with the tuners, the bridge or the brand name.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Muppet
I tune my Gibson Les Paul twice a day to keep it in tune.

You have to tune it twice a day? I tune my LP and it stays until I change the tuning. What kind of strings are you using? Do you not stretch them out good when you first put them on?
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Quote by xsnow
Squire strat, yee.

it's new.

Damn, well I could of told you that myself. I still have my very first guitar which is a Squire Strat and I replace strings on it with heavy light gauge strings because I still play it for solos and it ALWAYS goes out of tune when it gets new strings.

Just keep playing and retuning. The more you play and use the strings, the better it'll get and knocking out of tune will eventually stop.
my frend has a squire.....everything fell apart inside..... one of my guitars is a peavey raptor....which is the same thing....a big peece of shit.....and its falling apart too....but i got it used....so wat do ya expect
Damn, well I could of told you that myself. I still have my very first guitar which is a Squire Strat and I replace strings on it with heavy light gauge strings because I still play it for solos and it ALWAYS goes out of tune when it gets new strings.

Yes, because the strings are NEW and need stretching, it's the same for every guitar, it's got sod all to do with it being a Squier.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com