if I teach my first born to play guitar with a les paul and a marshall stack, homeschool him (of course its gonna be a boy), and only let him listen to Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and Pink Floyd, than he will ****ing rock right?
"I saw a werewolf drinking a piña colada at Trader Vic's...his hair was perfect."
I'll say this once. You're an idiot.
Terms and Conditions apply.
If I showed my kid pictures of naked guys from birth, it doesnt mean he'll be gay.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Robbie n strat
Let him listen to what he wants. It's almost as bad as trying to force a religion on your children.

music is a religion
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by SOADrox429
music is a religion

No, music is music.

Religion is religion.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Kids hate their parents for everything so it won't make a difference, except if he acctually likes it.. I say go for it!
no, because home schooling tends to severely limit the social growth that youth normally experience in a public environment. and, when he listens to only classic rock stuff, his creativity will most likely be very limited, because you haven't given him the chance to think with an open mind and experience new thoughts and ideas that will allow him to grow creatively. Another thing, if you start a child out on something at a very early age and make them continue it for a long time, odds are good that the child will become burnt out on the subject and either cease to enjoy it or just stop doing it altogether. My recommendation would be to let him listen to what he wants and play what he wants. If he finds guitar as a topic of interest, good for him, and you can be secure in the fact that he has chosen his hobby because HE wants to do it, not because YOU are making him. Sorry that was so long.
Quote by metallifan3091
no, because home schooling tends to severely limit the social growth that youth normally experience in a public environment. and, when he listens to only classic rock stuff, his creativity will most likely be very limited, because you haven't given him the chance to think with an open mind and experience new thoughts and ideas that will allow him to grow creatively. Another thing, if you start a child out on something at a very early age and make them continue it for a long time, odds are good that the child will become burnt out on the subject and either cease to enjoy it or just stop doing it altogether. My recommendation would be to let him listen to what he wants and play what he wants. If he finds guitar as a topic of interest, good for him, and you can be secure in the fact that he has chosen his hobby because HE wants to do it, not because YOU are making him. Sorry that was so long.
Exactly.
Quote by rabidguitarist
If I showed my kid pictures of naked guys from birth, it doesnt mean he'll be gay.

but he'll be a lot more aware about the male body
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
i'm pretty sure that if you do that, doing stuff like 'playing guitar' and 'listening to floyd' will be the equivelent to 'wash the dishes' and 'let your dad molest you'
dont force him to listen to it but whenever thier is music to be played make it be the desired kinda like if ure driving in the car with him have it on rock u get the idea
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Have a music enviroment. Every thing from Billie Holiday to Black Sabbath , that will be a good and fun life for your child.
"The only solace to the miseries of life is Music and Cats". Albert Schwietzer
well, i wasnt forced to play guitar. i saw my dad doing it and i just wanted to because i thought it looked fun. nobody made me listen to any certain kind of music. my parents had the beatles on a lot as it was along with other great classic rock.

now, while i may not be a "classic rock" guitarist, i still consider it one of my greatest influences.
Well, it would be awesome to start on a les paul and marshall stack. I do agree that classic rocks, but he would need a more broadened musical genre.
Im sorry if any of this doesn't make any since, Im sitting on a floor and typing because I get dizzy sitting in the chair...****ing flu..
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by FloodingInTexas
if I teach my first born to play guitar with a les paul and a marshall stack, homeschool him (of course its gonna be a boy), and only let him listen to Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and Pink Floyd, than he will ****ing rock right?

he will be the most socailly awkward and musically out of date person on the planet. I'm not disrespecting Led Zep or Pink Floyd (i hate the beatles) but he may need to have some modern influences if he wants any hope of appealing to the under 40's. Furthermore there is the chance that this he may well be a she.

The short answers is of course fucking not