Hey,

My friend and I were making pans about going over to the UK for a summer job (we live in France). We'd be staying at his grandma's place (more like her garden), and I was wondering if there was anything to do over there, as in shows, events, how the people are, and stuff.
We're still not sure about it, but it'd be fun. Meeting people and stuff.

So, any of you live there? any recommendations? Maybe there a cheap place in the UK to get housing so that we could have more options then Norwich?

Thanks all.
Firstly - most things are more expensive in England than they are in France.

Secondly - try and go to a festival!
Norwich? i'll sum it up with a little joke:

whats the most confusing day in Norwich?

Fathers day.

having said that, i have never been there, i don't know anything about Norwich, and this post was all for the joke. hooray.
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
there is nothing to do in norwich and its in the middle of nowhere. such a depressing place.

other places, london is too expensive, birmingham is a ghetto. manchester is ok, plenty to do. leeds is great, good music scene, annual festival and its in the north which means > the south.

id stay in france though.
Quote by yeovil4eva
why the hell are you goin to norwich, slightly random

Cause we'd have free accommodation.

to aidy. school gets out late june in france
but like, are the people cool and stuff? anything specific to the region? would getting a summer job be easy (for like a month)?

thx.
neh u wanna come south, drink cider, sample the countryside etc

come to yevil, so to some gigs, we have a half decent music scene, better than norwich, and it aint that expensive round here
Quote by deanodon
id stay in france though.

France.freakin.blows.
music scene SUCKS, people are giant walking testicals to us (well, me, I'm american), no one to meet -they all suck as much as the next. plus I'd much rather be speaking in english
Quote by yeovil4eva

come to yevil, so to some gigs, we have a half decent music scene, better than norwich, and it aint that expensive round here

really? how much would a small apartment cost for a month?
Quote by yeovil4eva

We want to play at The Cavern in Exeter! Is that place still around?
Quote by jpetrucci5655
France.freakin.blows.
music scene SUCKS, people are giant walking testicals to us (well, me, I'm american), no one to meet -they all suck as much as the next. plus I'd much rather be speaking in english

haha. seriously then... leeds is as good as there is. loads of places have live music everynight, wide range. sheffield is also good. and its close to leeds. so is manchester. loads of students here too and its a big enough place to be easy to get jobs too. LEEDS FTW!
Quote by Aidy Damage

yep in fact ill be in the cavern on thursday night watching necrophagist.

and to the threadstarter you may find accomodation expensive compared to france i think.

but seriously come to the south, its warmer, better coutryside, better people, less likely to get stabbed/mugged etc etc [/bias]
Quote by Aidy Damage

Yes - the Cavern rocks. I saw Brant Bjork there in the summer.
come to america... live the american dream XD /sarcasm
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville

I thought you were from the Republic of Georgia.
Quote by C.C. Deville

I would if I could, I would if I could
I have lived there! There's not really much to do honestly unless you're into shopping and weird accents by old rude people. There's occasionally good stuff at the UEA but besides that, it's slightly dead
Nicolle. Me. Got it?